Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I don't know that I love Windows 10, but I"m getting used to
Posted by jba/fl of FL on 7/22/16 5:56pm Msg #556664
it. My Win7 computer was dying so I decided it was SALE time and got a new one, Win10 installed. At first I was debating whether to keep or give to GD, but my tech guru said give her the new one, listing his reasons. I thought it made sense, so while I was playing around with it, I found I really loved it. Went and got a second one, took all three (2 new, 1 old) to my guru to have him tweek everything. We are synced with all our devices now except phone; everything is backed up; parental controls in place and it took him couple of hours whereas I would have taken a month of Sundays. The old 7 still works, but I no longer miss it.

The Brother 5370DWT is ready for any of the computers as well. This was great for me and we got it all done for $100. My time over those month of Sundays was a million dollars - great savings for us. Do consider a lesson too on navigating enough to make use of the built in things that will get you totally familiarized. I paid a different guy $20 for that....about an hour of time. Talk to the store people too - they know and if they are not busy, they will help for free.

Good luck on your switch. If you are not getting a new computer, don't migrate. Just my personal opinion.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 microsoft help - pat/WA on 7/20/16 5:45pm
 it is but its going to be phased out by Microsoft... -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 7/20/16 5:59pm
 I did not upgrade to W10 & don't plan to. If you do a -  MW/VA on 7/20/16 6:00pm
 I find chrome much more stable the IE, and you can control -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 7/20/16 6:09pm
 Re: I find chrome much more stable the IE, and you can control - Ali/IL on 7/20/16 6:16pm
 Re: I finely got my printer to work with W10 -  OR on 7/21/16 9:09am
 Windows 10 -  Yoli/CA on 7/20/16 6:14pm
 that's unfortunate hope she gets better soon...just like -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 7/20/16 6:33pm
 Love Windows 10 - Luckydog on 7/20/16 8:14pm
 What do you like about it? -  JanetK_CA on 7/21/16 1:16am
 Re: What do you like about it? - Luckydog on 7/21/16 10:09am
 Re: What do you like about it? -  ikando on 7/21/16 11:27am
 I don't know that I love Windows 10, but I"m getting used to - jba/fl on 7/22/16 5:56pm
 No need to upgrade if you don't want to - MikeC/TX on 7/22/16 7:36pm
 TY, MikeC, helpful synopsis. n/m -  Christine/OK on 7/23/16 6:33am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.