Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

WFG Notary Services - Possible SCAM
Posted by Treasure Valley Notary - Tina of ID on 2/17/17 4:38pm Msg #570246
Got a strange phone call that showed Garden City, NY 516-394-5512. Told me that my credentials have expired and need to be updated. Then wanted me to verify my current email address that they have on file. Some times things just don't feel right. And this was one of them. I've never worked for a WFG Notary Services. WFG Lender Services, yes. I told the guy I was out of the office and would have to get back to him. Asked if I could reach him at the number he called me on. Oh no, he will follow up and call me back, but wouldn't commit to when. He then told me that an email will request the info and I can reply to that. When I asked when I can expect that email he became vague once more. After we hung up I did a search on the name through various sites, nothing came up. Then I called the phone number and it is not in service. So glad for gut instincts. He got nothing out of me, but occupied a few minutes of my time. Don't know if it is a scam or not, but beware. Anyone heard of this company or even worked for them???
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 WFG Notary Services - Possible SCAM - Treasure Valley Notary - Tina on 2/17/17 4:38pm
 Thanks for the heads up on this. It just occurred to me -  MW/VA on 2/17/17 6:28pm
 Re: Thanks for the heads up on this. It just occurred to me -  Donna LaBelle on 2/17/17 7:14pm
 WFG has some strange security policies. They usually -  MW/VA on 2/17/17 8:09pm
 Re: WFG has some strange security policies. They usually -  sueharke on 2/18/17 1:29am
 Donna, can you expand on your answer? n/m -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 3/21/17 11:46am
 Re: WFG Notary Services - Possible SCAM - mtnotary on 2/17/17 8:05pm
 This smells - Luckydog on 2/18/17 7:31pm
 Re: WFG Notary Services - Possible SCAM -  sueharke on 2/18/17 1:26am
 I got the email--it appears to be legit. n/m -  MW/VA on 2/18/17 6:55am
 ?? legit n/m -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 2/18/17 1:55pm
 I believe she meant "legitimate issue", that is. n/m -  John/CT on 2/18/17 5:49pm
 I wondered about that too. Can't imagine WFG making those -  sigtogo/OR on 2/18/17 6:08pm
 I can't copy & paste the email because it has that -  MW/VA on 2/18/17 7:39pm
 This is the source--knowledgesplice.com n/m -  MW/VA on 2/18/17 7:44pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.