Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

As notaries we are often asked to accommodate notarizations
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 2/21/17 12:55pm Msg #570480
on documents that may or may not be legal. Of course, we notarize signatures, not documents. They can be handwritten statements, typewritten documents, or fillable (Adobe) forms, but as long as they are complete with no blanks, it's kosher to notarize signatures on these documents. As evidenced in two posts this week, notaries who are experienced and knowledgeable know what they need to do, or not do. But what about all the new notaries out there who may be responding to requests like these not knowing any better.

At a time when there is more opportunity for general notary work (GNW), I believe these scenarios may be more common.

This morning I received a request from a daughter whose 90yo mother doesn't have an AHCD. When can we meet, and no, you can't come to mother's home because the controlling son is there and he has his own ideas about mother's care. Mother still does have a say, she's competent, has current ID and willing to sign outlining her wishes for end of life care, DNR, etc.

Somehow, this piece of her trust package is nowhere to be found.

Crazy, huh?

But of course, I'm only notarizing a signature.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 As notaries we are often asked to accommodate notarizations -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/21/17 12:55pm
 Re: As notaries we are often asked to accommodate notarizations -  janCA on 2/21/17 2:06pm
 Re: As notaries we are often asked to accommodate notarizations -  Donna LaBelle on 2/21/17 3:43pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.