Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Bottom line...
Posted by Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing of OH on 8/21/17 10:17am Msg #581492
Hi everyone,

I appreciate all of the comments regarding recent price changes with one lender for a client of ours. It's fair to say we are concerned with our profitability. To say we don't care about your profitability isn't a fair statement though because we recognize this is a delicate balance as you also need to be profitable to make any of these closings worthwhile. I do regret the choice of wording regarding the growth of Loan Depot. I understand it's counterintuitive and probably frankly frustrating to you that they show growth yet want reduced pricing, but again, that is not our decision to make unfortunately. They are growing though. Look at LinkedIn and elsewhere and you will see the growth happening so that is a true statement.

In this case, pricing was dictated to us and we are being forced to accept a price that is $15.00 less than what we've made. Without changing anything on our signing agent pay, this amounts to a net loss to us no matter how many closings we manage. Closings in volume at a loss is still a loss. We do have overhead (20+ EE's and all of the technology) in addition to what we pay our signing agents. We aren't even passing along this entire cost as our base price was $90.00 before on these closings (-$5.00) so we are sacrificing as well trying to make it work.

Our alternative was to lose 100% of the business to a competitor that has an existing relationship with Loan Depot and is priced below us already. We're the current primary vendor due to superior service and quality. From review of the competitor's website, they recommend a proposed price of $75.00 to obtain the most assignments and require QC faxes / scans on each file. I'd like to think our initial proposed price of $85.00 without these scans is the better of the two for our signing agents. We're not applying this pricing to any other clients and also our signing agents are free to propose a price that will work for them and we may accept it where we can. This isn't an ultimatum with no leniency.

I wish we made $175.00 - $200.00 per closing, but I can tell you with almost 200 title company clients that zero pay us that much unless it's a rural exception. I agree with our signing agents that the industry undervalues them (and I believe us as well) but we're being forced to play with rules handed to us (not made by us). We do value you and appreciate you. I've walked a mile in your shoes and I'd change the industry if I could but I can't so we're going to continue to try to balance our interests with your interests. You can be sure we don't take these matters lightly or make decisions to harm our signing agents intentionally. Our main core value as a company is accountability to do the right thing always.

"We are accountable to one another, to our clients, and to our signing agents to do the right thing always."

Regarding eClosings...

Initially, these eClosings will be face-to-face interactions. In the states that allow e-notarization, you'll have more documents that will be electronically signed and notarized but likely will still have some wet signed documents. In states that don't allow e-notarization (yet), you will still be able to do most of the closing on Pavaso's eClosing platform and will sign some documents wet signed as today. You just won't be able to notarize anything electronically.

We're not concerning ourselves with counties that will or will not accept these documents. That's for lenders and title companies to determine from our perspective.

Phase two will be to evolve to offer remote notarizations in my mind in addition to face to face non-eClosings and face to face eClosings. Although only a few states allow it today, I'd expect a majority of states to soon legalize it. Ohio has already passed a law as of 7/1 but it's up to the Secretary of State to implement. It's happening nationwide and we plan to stay informed, keep you informed, and hopefully provide a pathway to continued work for our signing agents. We'd highly recommend becoming certified by Pavaso (and really any other vendors). It's free and takes 15-30 minutes so why not?!

We understand not everyone will be able to work with a reduced closing fee on these files, and it pains us to have these difficult conversations and exchanges, but please know we're doing our best and not trying to undermine your value in anyway. We appreciate your worth not only as a signing agent but as individuals as well. Thank you.

-Mark

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Signature Closers LLC post from FB. - docs1954CA on 8/19/17 8:34pm
 This is the ignorant line that gets to me - Lee/AR on 8/19/17 10:35pm
 My thoughts exactly! Makes ZERO sense in this universe! n/m -  JanetK_CA on 8/20/17 1:48am
 All about them as usual -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/20/17 8:40am
 Re: This is the ignorant line that gets to me - pdl/cali on 8/20/17 3:07pm
 Note, they care about THEIR profitability, not ours. -  Stoli on 8/20/17 12:51am
 Re: Signature Closers LLC post from FB. -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/20/17 7:19am
 "30%incr-receive more of their signings"=>old volume ploy :( n/m -  Christine/OK on 8/20/17 8:49am
 FYI..Loan Depot uses TC's to hire directly so please do not -  Cari on 8/20/17 8:53am
 My only experience with Signature Closers ... -  Yoli/CA on 8/20/17 9:51am
 They made their own volume $$ pact with vendors -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/20/17 10:07am
 It appears that Loan Depot is causing a bidding war -  MW/VA on 8/20/17 10:30am
 Signature Closers has partnered with Pavaso for -  MW/VA on 8/20/17 10:33am
 Re: Signature Closers has partnered with Pavaso for - Linda_H/FL on 8/20/17 11:06am
 E-notarizations are only done by webcam..unless Im missing -  Cari on 8/20/17 2:55pm
 Re: E-notarizations are only done by webcam..unless Im missing -  VT_Syrup on 8/20/17 3:06pm
 Re: E-notarizations are only done by webcam..unless Im missing -  VT_Syrup on 8/20/17 4:36pm
 Re: E-notarizations are only done by webcam..unless Im missing -  JanetK_CA on 8/21/17 2:36am
 Re: E-notarizations are only done by webcam..unless Im missing -  VT_Syrup on 8/21/17 9:59am
 Thanks! Sounds right - & looks like a useful resource! n/m -  JanetK_CA on 8/21/17 2:24pm
 Gerry, my reply was directed towards Linda's reply. Didn't -  Cari on 8/20/17 7:47pm
 It sounds like the e-signings will use electronic -  MW/VA on 8/20/17 6:11pm
 Re: It sounds like the e-signings will use electronic -  VT_Syrup on 8/20/17 6:30pm
 Re: It sounds like the e-signings will use electronic -  JanetK_CA on 8/21/17 2:30am
 Same as Cheryl, I don't do SS anymore. - Calnotary on 8/20/17 12:09pm
 Bottom line... - Luckydog on 8/20/17 9:02pm
 Re: Bottom line... - Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing on 8/21/17 10:17am
 Re: Bottom line... -  canotaryhere on 8/21/17 12:50pm
 Re: Bottom line... - JS_MD on 8/21/17 12:54pm
 For that fee of $85, and the size of the package - Linda_H/FL on 8/21/17 1:28pm
 I agree. If Loan Depot doesn't want to pay a decemt fee for -  MW/VA on 8/21/17 2:03pm
 Re: I agree. If Loan Depot doesn - Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing on 8/21/17 2:21pm
 Like everything else - Luckydog on 8/21/17 7:21pm
 Re: Like everything else -  JanetK_CA on 8/21/17 11:47pm
 Re: For that fee of $85, and the size of the package - NVLSlady/VA on 8/21/17 5:29pm
 Mark, I'm sorry, so if you don't make any profit, then WHY -  Cari on 8/21/17 2:39pm
 Re: Mark, I - Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing on 8/21/17 2:55pm
 Re: Bottom line... - HisHughness on 8/21/17 4:04pm
 Re: Bottom line... - Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing on 8/21/17 4:18pm
 Re: Bottom line... -  janCA on 8/21/17 6:17pm
 Mark......thanks for the laugh..... - JS_MD on 8/21/17 11:14pm
 Re: Mark...thanks for the laugh (Excellent Post, JS) n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 8/22/17 8:15am
 Re: Bottom line... -  JanetK_CA on 8/22/17 12:07am
 Mark, STOP the bleeding; drop the account. n/m -  Stoli on 8/22/17 11:07am
 Re: Bottom line... - Luckydog on 8/21/17 7:16pm
 Re: Bottom line... - Luckydog on 8/21/17 7:26pm
 What!? No requests to LINK THIS??? n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 8/21/17 9:17pm
 Re: What!? No requests to LINK THIS??? - Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing on 8/22/17 8:25am
 Re: What!? No requests to LINK THIS??? - JS_MD on 8/22/17 9:35am
 Re: What!? No requests to LINK THIS??? - Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing on 8/22/17 10:28am
 Wrong profession - NVLSlady/VA on 8/22/17 10:33am
 Re: Wrong profession - Bear900/CA on 8/22/17 3:23pm
 It's contingent upon your region. . ."You can stay VERY busy -  Christine/OK on 8/22/17 5:59pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.