Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

My life as a SA for past 2 wks
Posted by IAC of MI on 2/25/18 9:52am Msg #590307
Hello fellow notaries, I rarely post but I read post every week. I have been a notary going on 32 yrs. a SA for 10 years. Due to our weather it has been to say the least "challenging" to get around. I live in rural area, dirt "muddy" flooded roads. Not to mention the icy conditions, fog you get the picture This past Friday evening I received a call at 6:00 pm if I could do a 8:00 pm closing. I agreed, my vehicle is AWD should be ok as long as I get confirmation from borrower their road is passable since this area had numerous flooded roads in the past 2 days. At 7:00 pm still no contact from the borrower, contacted SS informed them and requested document delivery status. 7:45pm still no contact confirmation or documents. Called SS informed them I would not be conducting the closing for reasons as stated. SS understood my concern for well being and besides their instructions specifically stated you must get confirmation from borrower or NO fee for trip if no show by borrower. Docs came to my email at 7:57pm. I called SS again, informed them I spoke with ... I will not be going to the closing. Besides, by the time I downloaded, checked and drove to the appointment it would be 9:00 pm. given I did not have any detour. The SS exact words to me was, you need to go to the assignment" I informed him my safety is more important than the fee they were paying. His tone was rude, harsh. What did he care about my well being he obviously did not want to lose his commission. At 9:30 pm I get a call from the borrower to see if was still coming. I informed him I emailed and called him to get confirmation, since he did not respond I cancelled appointment with my contact as well as informed the title co. I informed him I did not receive document till 7:57. He was very understanding due to the weather conditions and time. He said he goes to bed at 9:30 and he would prefer to have done the closing in the daytime since he and his wife are home all day! Here is my point, especially to newbies. A notaries life is not easy. You are the final point of contact with the borrower, seller or purchaser. You deal with many nice people. (One lady gave me a puzzle this week). That was another treacherous snow drive. She said it will be relaxing. But then, you deal with real estate agents who take up your time at closings to chat and disturb the closing process. I had one of those this week. You have situations were life is in immediate danger. But does the SS care. NO. Is it easy money. NO. Why do I do it? I like to see people get good results that make them feel good. As for the SS who had no consideration for me Friday evening. Stop and think, you may be in same situation what would you do?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 My life as a SA for past 2 wks - IAC on 2/25/18 9:52am
 Not me! -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/25/18 10:54am
 Re: My life as a SA for past 2 wks - SteveS/CA on 2/25/18 11:02am
 Re: My life as a SA for past 2 wks - Yoli/CA on 2/25/18 11:32am
 agree with what everyone else has said/done..... n/m - notarydi/CA on 2/25/18 3:09pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.