Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Interesting article about CA boomers and RE ownership
Posted by  janCA of CA on 4/17/18 12:55pm Msg #592277
Good article, Cheryl, thanks for sharing.

The housing market in Visalia is quite good, especially homes in the $350,00 and less price tag. Yes, this is a pretty inexpensive part of California in comparison to LA area and Bay Area. We are smack dab in the middle.

Many new homes are being built, but from what I understand, it costs the builders so much to build a new home anymore, the lots are tiny, 6,000 sq. ft at the most, so many new rules and regs. and upgrades are costly.

We're baby boomers, but upsized four years ago. We won't be downsizing for another ten years or so, and will probably never fully retire. What we've talked about is at some point Airbnb'ing our home and travel, especially during the summer where the heat can knock you for a loop.

We are the Gateway to the Sierra's and many tourists pass through here. Wineries are starting to pop up in the Fresno area, which is just 40 mins north of here. Visalia is a very active city with lots going on. It is truly "The Jewel of the Valley".

City council in the area, Fresno and Visalia, are actively trying to lure companies from the Bay Area and other parts of California to come to the Valley, since the price of doing business and the affordability, or lack of affordability, of housing is almost becoming non-existent for many people in those high rent and high priced cities.

My husband speaks about moving out of California because of the high taxes and expense, but I have my daughter and grandkids in the Bay Area and it's difficult to imagine moving out of state, and I just can't imagine moving too terribly far from wine country. God forbid!!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Interesting article about CA boomers and RE ownership -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/17/18 10:34am
 Re: Interesting article about CA boomers and RE ownership -  janCA on 4/17/18 12:55pm
 Re: Interesting article about CA boomers and RE ownership - Notarycat/CA on 4/19/18 1:08am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.