Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Completing Journal BEFORE person signs ...
Posted by BobbiCT of CT on 12/17/18 7:10am Msg #601250
Good advice below regarding completing as much as you can in the notarization blocks (venue, date, my stamp w/name etc. under where I will sign) and using a post-it flag to mark where your notarization blocks are.

I would NEVER complete, or partially complete, my notary journal before I am sitting with the signer and the signer AGREES to sign that document. I may quick fill the entry, adding particularly such as date, location, signer's address after to save time at the signing table; the first entry may be complete with everything I need for the next 5 or 10 entries. After I leave, I'll move down the road and sit in my car to finalize the other journal entries (my style, some do it when they return to their home office).

Think of it this way: What a mess your journal will be if you complete 10 journal entries for a refinance signing and then the borrowers decide to not sign the documents once you arrive ... cross all your entries out, initial and note in your journal why you didn't complete them. Have a few no signs and your journal could have more "not notarized" pages than notarized ones.

Good luck with your new career. This is a very competitive industry at a time when business has slowed to a crawl and fees offered are less than half of 3 years ago.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 New Notary Loan Signing Agent - Sepideh Yahyavi on 12/16/18 5:59pm
 What is the name of your teacher/loaning signing course? n/m - grapebed on 12/16/18 6:05pm
 Re: New Notary Loan Signing Agent -  VT_Syrup on 12/16/18 6:22pm
 Re: New Notary Loan Signing Agent - Sepideh Yahyavi on 12/17/18 11:23am
 Re: New Notary Loan Signing Agent -  VT_Syrup on 12/17/18 11:43am
 Keep 'em in order. That's what Post-It flags are made for! n/m - Lee/AR on 12/16/18 6:57pm
 Agree w/Lee:Keep in order & use Post-It flags to help you :) n/m -  Christine/OK on 12/17/18 6:23am
 Re: Keep - Sepideh Yahyavi on 12/17/18 11:25am
 Completing Journal BEFORE person signs ... - BobbiCT on 12/17/18 7:10am
 Re: Completing Journal BEFORE person signs ... - Sepideh Yahyavi on 12/17/18 11:29am
 Before even showing the loan documents to the client -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/17/18 8:14am
 This is your business. The information that you have and - Alz on 12/17/18 11:59am
 Re: This is your business. The information that you have and -  janCA on 12/17/18 12:22pm
 Instructor Liability - ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 12/17/18 2:27pm
 Re: New Notary Loan Signing Agent help - Signerbill on 12/17/18 4:02pm
 Re: New Notary Loan Signing Agent -  Ernest__CT on 12/17/18 6:09pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.