Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

What the government shutdown means for us
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 1/5/19 10:49pm Msg #601779
Mortgages

Homebuyers and lenders are beginning to see the effects of the shutdown as an Internal Revenue Service income verification operation goes dark. That could mean delays for borrowers in getting approved for mortgages.

The service usually helps mortgage lenders confirm income information on loan applications within two to three days, but the IRS says it is barred from processing that paperwork without a spending deal.

December and January are quiet months in the real estate industry, but “if this goes beyond another week, it’s going to delay closings,” said Pete Mills, senior vice president of policy at the Mortgage Bankers Association.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 What the government shutdown means for us -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/5/19 10:49pm
 Re: What the government shutdown means for us - Jules on 1/6/19 9:46am
 Re: What the government shutdown means for us -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/6/19 11:09am
 Re: What the government shutdown means for us -  Greg Wilson on 1/6/19 4:33pm
 What I have found - Luckydog on 1/6/19 8:01pm
 Re: What I have found - Jean Henke on 1/7/19 5:23pm
 Re: What I have found - Luckydog on 1/7/19 10:01pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.