Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Have You Ever Heard Of An Infant Owning Property?
Posted by  PegiT_MN of MN on 4/26/19 8:25am Msg #605884
A trust was established less than two months ago, as it turns out in an infant's name.
The property was then put into the newly established infant's trust.
Said property is now being sold.
The trustee of the trust will sign the seller's package, not the person named on the property and on the trust because that is an infant.
The trustee just so happens to be the infant's father.
Infant's father freaks out when he sees a $15,000 lien being paid at closing, for as it turn out unpaid association dues for a totally separate property that had been held in his name. Nothing to do with this property being sold, nothing to do with the infant.
As it turns out, because he is named as the trustee on the property being sold, any liens or judgments against him personally would have to be paid out of the proceeds of the sale.
I would say something didn't go as planned . . . what do you think?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Have You Ever Heard Of An Infant Owning Property? -  PegiT_MN on 4/26/19 8:25am
 RE: Infant Outcome doesn't sound fair to me. n/m - HeatherR/CA on 4/26/19 9:17am
 It Has Nothing To Do With The Infant -  PegiT_MN on 4/26/19 9:26am
 RE: Infant Outcome doesn't sound fair to me. n/m - HeatherR/CA on 4/26/19 9:17am
 RE: Infant Outcome doesn n/m - HeatherR/CA on 4/26/19 9:18am
 Sorry triple post. Computer crazy this AM n/m - HeatherR/CA on 4/26/19 9:20am
 Hrrmm....Daddy trying to hide assets? - Linda_H/FL on 4/26/19 9:26am
 Re: Hrrmm....Daddy trying to hide assets? -  JanetK_CA on 4/27/19 1:53am
 You Are So Right Janet -  PegiT_MN on 4/27/19 9:08am
 Re: Have You Ever Heard Of An Infant Owning Property? - Signerbill on 4/26/19 9:28am
 Interesting, but I've got 99 problems & this ain't mine. n/m - Lee/AR on 4/26/19 9:32am
 Re: Have You Ever Heard Of An Infant Owning Property? - Luckydog on 4/26/19 10:21am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.