Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Yep. Another reason to not accept bare bones fees!
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 12/14/19 3:25pm Msg #613518
"SS does not make money, nor do we, nor does the realtor or LO..."

But I'd bet those calling the shots for those other folks have enough business savvy to factor that into their pricing strategies. In other words, making sure there's enough extra in every assignment to cover the unanticipated expenses and costs of all kinds. We all should be doing the same, IMO. So folks, please keep this in mind when considering acceptance of fees under $100. In the early days, one of the few advantages for working through a signing service was that they would take the hit for a no-sign. Obviously, those days are long gone.

Also, just for some perspective, NK_UT's concept of payment for opportunity cost losses is not out of line. I've often had a GNW appointment cancelled, but if close to the appointment time, it's not at all uncommon for them to offer to compensate me anyway (especially, but not exclusively, when the client is a small business). So far, I've chosen to not take them up on it (unless I actually showed up), but if I'd turned down a good paying NSA assignment, I might feel differently.

I get that this will vary by region, but the point is that other business people understand that cancellations can cost us money. I'd bet most of you have seen statements from other businesses, such as doctors' offices, hotels, etc., that cancellations made within so many days before an appointment or reservation incur a charge.

In this market, I doubt we'd be able to change the norms of how business is done, but we can be sure this is a consideration when setting fees. (I agree, though, that if a job is cancelled prior to travel, asking for more than a print fee is likely to cost you a client.)
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Opportunity cost fee for rescheduled signings. - NK_UT on 12/13/19 6:37pm
 Yep, very frustating, but nobody cares/will pay you UNLESS - Lee/AR on 12/13/19 7:14pm
 Re: Opportunity cost fee for rescheduled signings. - Luckydog on 12/13/19 8:51pm
 Re: Opportunity cost fee for rescheduled signings. - NK_UT on 12/14/19 10:47am
 Agree--that would be nice. n/m - Lee/AR on 12/14/19 11:37am
 Re: Agree--that would be nice. - Luckydog on 12/14/19 11:44am
 Yep. Another reason to not accept bare bones fees! -  JanetK_CA on 12/14/19 3:25pm
 Agree with Janet - ananotary on 12/16/19 8:56am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.