Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

The campaign that never ends
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 2/15/17 5:53pm Msg #69606
Trump announced today that he will be holding a rally in Melbourne, FL on Saturday. Preparing myself for the obligatory overstatement of the crowd size (wouldn't it be funny if only a handful of people showed up?). When asked about the rally, Sean Spicer said that "the campaign is handling it".

The campaign? What campaign? There is no campaign, it ended 3 months ago, but Trump he keeps grabbing at it, like Linus with his blanket... he brought it up yet again a couple of times in his press conference with Netanyahu today, including a really strange exchange in which an Israeli reporter asked him if he was antisemitic, and he responded by talking about the number of Electoral College votes he received. Huh? OK - there's non-responsive deflection, and then there's just weird...

I guess Trump just wants someone to show him some love because he's for sure not getting much of that in DC these days, and especially so this week. First, he had to fire his National Security Adviser for lying to VPOTUS and others (technically he resigned, but Trump asked for the resignation).

Then today, Kellyanne was apparently banned from "Morning Joe", a show Trump and many others watch regularly, because co-host Mika Brzezinski says Kellyanne no longer has any credibility. Asked about it later, Mika said, “We know for a fact she tries to book herself on this show. I won't do it, 'cuz I don't believe in fake news or information that is not true. And that is - every time I've ever seen her on television, something’s askew, off or incorrect.”

Finally, just an hour or so ago, his nominee for Labor Secretary Andrew Puzder withdrew after Republicans notified the WH that they didn't have the votes to confirm him. There were at least about 6 Republican Senators who were prepared to vote "no"; this was not going to be a Betsy DeVos deal where VPOTUS got to break a tie. I applaud them for taking a stand against their party because Puzder is no friend of labor.

And it's only Wednesday....
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 The campaign that never ends - MikeC/TX on 2/15/17 5:53pm
 I know looks promising....and -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 2/16/17 7:00am
 Re: I know looks promising....and - aanotary on 2/16/17 1:14pm
 Re: I know looks promising....and - MikeC/TX on 2/16/17 7:40pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.