Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Ted Cruz introduces bill to abolish the CFPB...
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 2/18/17 2:44pm Msg #69618
I have an honest question about a statement from one of the bill sponsors. What does he mean by this:

"...finally offer some relief to the small business owners throughout Texas and across the country who’ve been hit hardest by its devastating impact,..."

I can think of many examples I've read here and elsewhere about how the CFPB has come to the aid of people who were badly mistreated by banks, but I'm drawing a blank about how the CFPB effects small businesses and what the "devastating impact" could be that this Representative talks about. I admittedly haven't read the bill (and don't particularly want to). But I notice that guys like Ted Cruz are very good at excoriating things like the CFPB and Obamacare (wanting to repeal "every word"), but he never seems to give any specifics or examples. He's certainly not the only one, but it always makes those very strong statements suspect to me.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Ted Cruz introduces bill to abolish the CFPB... -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 2/18/17 7:45am
 Re: Ted Cruz introduces bill to abolish the CFPB... -  JanetK_CA on 2/18/17 2:44pm
 Re: Ted Cruz introduces bill to abolish the CFPB... - MikeC/TX on 2/18/17 6:35pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.