Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Her response was pathetic, imo.
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 10/21/17 3:44pm Msg #71099
"The publicity seeking FL Congresswoman isn't blameless, as far as the original "issue", if you will. I don't believe Trump's intention was to disrespect the family or the fallen serviceman. I think his limited vocabulary and lack of communication skills may have gotten in the way of his honest attempt to express sorrow and gratitude for his sacrifice.
Now Trump's response to the family when they went public with how his words were received was about as stupid, childish, unprofessional and as low-brow as one could be. It was, and has been, beneath the office as well as beneath the Commander In Chief. "

Agreed on both counts. I don't believe it was intentional, he just doesn't know any better. He compounded the error by refusing to do what any thinking person would probably do - acknowledge that the words he used were taken the wrong way. That's all he had to do, but instead, he went on the attack.

"General Kelly is a Gold Star family member, if I remember correctly, the last time Trump was embroiled in controversy (of his own making) with a Gold Star family, wasn't it your position that no Gold Star family member should ever be questioned about anything they say? Has your belief changed concerning Gold Star family members? "

I believe I meant that in the context of when they are speaking about the loss of their family member. It doesn't give them permission to tell lies about unrelated things and not be challenged. Kelly spoke very eloquently about the loss of a family member, but when he started talking about the Congresswoman and what she allegedly did, the context changed - it was a personal attack on her unrelated to Gold Star families.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Press Secretary redefines what's appropriate - MikeC/TX on 10/20/17 11:03pm
 Her response was pathetic, imo. - Moneyman/TX on 10/21/17 3:18pm
 Re: Her response was pathetic, imo. - MikeC/TX on 10/21/17 3:44pm
 Re: Her response was pathetic, imo. - FGX/NJ on 10/21/17 4:44pm
 Re: Her response was pathetic, imo. - Moneyman/TX on 10/31/17 11:52am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.