Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

See if you can answer the question asked in an interview:
Posted by  Stoli of CA on 2/12/17 5:48pm Msg #28267
'A hammer and a nail cost $1.10, and the hammer costs one dollar more than the nail. How much does the nail cost?'

Jeff Zwelling, COO of job search engine ZipRecruiter, says he often turns to tricky questions during job interviews to get a better sense of who the candidate is.

For example, in the middle of the conversation, he often throws in this curveball math question.
"Some candidates will instantly blurt out 10 cents, which is obviously wrong," he tells Business Insider. "They don't have to get the exact right answer, which is a nickel, but I want to see them at least have a thought process behind it."

Zwelling says he understands that math isn't everyone's forte, but he wants them to realize that "10 cents is too easy of an answer, and that if it was that easy, I wouldn't be asking it."
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 See if you can answer the question asked in an interview: -  Stoli on 2/12/17 5:48pm
 this was a great; I said a dime, duh no, thanks Stoli! n/m -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 2/13/17 5:25am
 Interesting. I'm not sure why potential employers feel the -  MW/VA on 2/13/17 7:59am
 I think those pysch exams were to determine if one was -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 2/13/17 10:36am
 Re: See if you can answer the question asked in an interview: -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/13/17 8:20am
 it did for me, was absolutely crazy to work in the condition -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 2/13/17 10:39am
 ~like~ n/m -  MW/VA on 2/13/17 12:11pm
 I must be stupid - Luckydog on 2/16/17 9:52am
 Aahh...I JUST got it..lol - Linda_H/FL on 2/17/17 11:37am
 Me, too, Linda. I couldn't get if even with the answer n/m -  Stoli on 2/17/17 4:45pm
 Now I don't feel bad. lol n/m - Luckydog on 2/18/17 7:42pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.