Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Craigslist fraud schemes
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 5/23/17 1:34pm Msg #28701
I was looking for something altogether different but a 2005 Toyota Tacoma selling for $1500 caught my eye. Knowing this was a mistake or a scheme I shot an email asking again for the price. Received this:

"Hi,

My name is Lara Smith and I'm emailing you regarding the 2005 Toyota Tacoma that I have for sale. It is in perfect condition, with no need for any additional repairs. Flawless exterior condition, no scratches and no dents. It has never been involved in an accident. The interior is in very good condition, also the exterior. No accidents, Clear Title, great mileage: 87,451 and automatic transmission. The price for the truck is $1500 (including free delivery and handling to your address).
I'm selling this truck because my child of only 26 years died 2 months ago in a bike accident, the truck belonged to my son and it brings me bad memories and that's the reason I want to sell it.
Me and my husband travel a lot with our business and we want to make this deal through eBay's Buyer Protection Program, so if you're interested in purchasing the truck just reply me your full name, full address and phone number, so I can notify eBay. Once that is done, they will contact you in the next 24 hours to explain the entire procedure."

So I Googled to see if this particular type message was a fraud scheme. Found this:

http://computertutorflorida.com/2010/08/craigslist-scam-selling-non-existent-cars/

Look at Keith from July 13. fairly similar setup.

Shot "Lara" back this message:

"Sure no problem. Please let me know when you will be in town so I may come have a look at it. Will I be able to test drive? Do you mind if I bring along my mechanic to inspect it?"

I hope she responds so I can play with her a little bit. Actually, I have better things to do but thought I'd share this.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Craigslist fraud schemes - Bear900/CA on 5/23/17 1:34pm
 "Car is located in a container sealed , in St Luis, MO" - Bear900/CA on 5/23/17 4:43pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.