Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Creating a chain into rip tide (in Panama City, FL) saved
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 7/12/17 2:15pm Msg #28971
We Americans in time of crisis we all come together and help. I seen that and pretty great idea. If caught in a rip, you just swim parallel to the shore line until you break free and swim in, but many people do not know that and panic. A similar situation I believe happened out west in a flash flood and they rescued someone from their car or something creating a human chain.
Years ago I got caught up in one and wasn't paying attention, next thing I know I am almost a mile out in the shipping lanes! It was spring break late 1980's, and I had a few drinks and just decided to take a floating nap. When I opened my eyes, I was 4 color changes out, and could barely see the surfers! Took me an hour getting back to shore. I was lucky.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Creating a chain into rip tide (in Panama City, FL) saved -  Christine/OK on 7/12/17 6:13am
 Re: Creating a chain into rip tide (in Panama City, FL) saved - Luckydog on 7/12/17 2:15pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.