Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

You may recall, Mike, that this nearly 6-minute suite nearly
Posted by  Christine/OK of OK on 7/15/17 1:53pm Msg #28985

didn't make it to release in the full version as the average hit song on the radio is a mere 3 minutes and 30 seconds (on average).

"There was a time when the others wanted to chop it around a bit, but I refused. If it was going to be released, it would be in its entirety. We knew it was very risky, but we had so much confidence in that song – I did anyway. I felt, underneath it all, that if it was successful it would earn a lot of respect. People were all going, You're joking, they'll never play it, you'll only hear the first few bars and then they'll fade it out. We had numerous rows. EMI were shocked – a six-minute single? You must be joking! The same in America – oh, you just got away with it in Britain.”
— Freddie Mercury, 1976

It's so popular that it has its own page in Wikipedia! Smile http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemian_Rhapsody
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 65,000 people singing "Bohemian Rhapsody" - MikeC/TX on 7/14/17 6:12pm
 Freddie Mercury -a very interesting & intriguing British lad -  Christine/OK on 7/15/17 6:29am
 You may recall, Mike, that this nearly 6-minute suite nearly -  Christine/OK on 7/15/17 1:53pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.