Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Shady secrets Wal-Mart doesn't want you to know
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 8/12/17 2:30pm Msg #29129
Not sure if this belonged in JP or here. Not meant as a political post, more of a post to provoke people to maybe asking themselves, just how much are those few pennies of savings really worth to me when others, usually WM employees and local communities, seem to end up paying for it?

http://www.grunge.com/26656/shady-secrets-wal-mart-doesnt-want-know/s/image-3823/

As a former insurance agent, #23 blew my mind. Not to keen on #16 either - just nasty!

It isn't legal in TX, and wasn't when Walmart did it anyway. I thought it was illegal in every state. I held insurance licenses in at least 6 different states simultaneously (thru state reciprocity agreements) and didn't realize some states allowed such a practice since I didn't have to take each state's insurance test, only the Texas insurance exam. This is a twist, and I mean a warped twist, on a legal insurance product that I sold in Texas of "Key Man Insurance" a company, or church, might purchase on key employees. In states outside of TX I only ever offered key man insurance to businesses and churches. I would have never written or sold a policy like the ones described in #23 of the link.

Any thoughts?
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Shady secrets Wal-Mart doesn't want you to know - Moneyman/TX on 8/12/17 2:30pm
 Re: Shady secrets Wal-Mart doesn - Bear900/CA on 8/14/17 10:32am
 Yes. That's it. - Moneyman/TX on 8/17/17 10:16pm
 "It took me 3 days to get through all of them." - Bear900/CA on 8/19/17 2:27am
 lol n/m - Moneyman/TX on 8/27/17 6:46pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.