Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Amount missing exloded overnight
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 1/11/18 10:42am Msg #29942
That can potentially move the fatalities upwards of 65. For those of us locally this is very hard to watch as we see the many details on local news.

Highway 101, a major corridor north and south looks like a huge swamp and now put off until early next week to reopen. I don't think so. Muddy water is till running onto it.

Carpinteria was the next hardest hit after Montecito. My wife's sister is who survived the fire, ash, and toxic air there is now land-locked in by the mud with no freeway, or surface road access out. Food supplies are running out in the small towns without access. My wife stays in touch with her sister who has no cable or internet access.

People have resorted to ocean ferries to get around the sections of freeways that are closed.

It's weird to see crumpled up cars, even an unrecognizable Humvee sitting in the waves of the Pacific ocean. I'm beginning to wonder if some people were swept out to sea.

My sister-in-law has over the years run into many, many famous people in Montecito including Oprah at the Von's supermarket which is near the epicenter of the mudslides covering 30 square miles.

The little baby girl rescued from the mud has been reunited with her dad. The 14 year old girl you saw being rescued is missing her dad and brother. Hopefully they will all be reunited. The mantra by some survivors is "At least we're alive".

We're under two hours north and haven't visited family there (sister, cousins, aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces) since before the fires. When we get to go visit we will be sure to take lots of wine from our neck of the woods and have a family reunion. Glad they're all okay.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 48 people missing, 17 known dead -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/11/18 9:26am
 Amount missing exloded overnight - Bear900/CA on 1/11/18 10:42am
 I just heard a correction that it's only 8 missing.... - notarydi/CA on 1/11/18 11:55am
 Saw that! That's great news! - Bear900/CA on 1/11/18 1:24pm
 Re: I just heard a correction that it -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/11/18 2:50pm
 Mandatory Evacuations - NVLSlady/VA on 1/11/18 4:02pm
 Re: Mandatory Evacuations - Bear900/CA on 1/11/18 4:22pm
 Re: 48 people missing, 17 known dead - Luckydog on 1/11/18 7:17pm
 heard it's back to 43 missing....and, - notarydi/CA on 1/12/18 12:32am
 Heartbreaking. Many residents don't even know what happened -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/12/18 7:13am
 Re: 48 people missing, 17 known dead -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/13/18 10:04am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.