Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Insightful Article about the Feelings behind #MeToo
Posted by NVLSlady/VA of VA on 1/29/18 9:52pm Msg #29980
Reflection:

Barely into my 20's, and having just began my life of Independence in the world, the humiliating voyage of the Anita Hill/C. Thomas case horrified and mesmerized audiences everywhere. Even if I was too young to feel the weight of the trial and its implications for my sex (would we be hailed as Liars, Flirts, Teasers??) the burden of humiliation and fury insidiously swept through my consciousness. I knew it was really about Who holds the Power. When it comes to understanding a man's paranoia or "nervousness" these days, the shift in control may account for a lot of emotional backlash explored in this article.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-men-react-to-sexual-harassment-claims-according-to-intimacy-coach-2017-11
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Insightful Article about the Feelings behind #MeToo - NVLSlady/VA on 1/29/18 9:52pm
 Re: Insightful Article about the Feelings behind #MeToo -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/31/18 9:01pm
 Thanks. Succinct and Well said. - NVLSlady/VA on 2/1/18 9:46am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.