Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Hazards of Keurig
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 3/10/18 1:31pm Msg #30078
LOL! I can relate! I have a hotel-style single cup coffee maker which I've been using for several years now. (I used a Melitta before that, which I still break out on occasion.) I get to measure the amount of grounds I want with whatever kind of coffee I want. It has one of those little wire mesh filters, but I found the coffee didn't taste as good without paper filters, so I buy the smallest ones I can find (usually at Trader Joe's for less than half price elsewhere) and cut them down to fit. [Yeah, I know... Wink]

I'm not really a fan of Keurig-style machines for two reasons. First, I think the pods make too weak a cup of coffee (based on experience from a stay at my niece's - but I don't know what she buys...). Second, I've read that left-over pods are becoming the new 'plastic bags' in terms of left-over trash piling up in landfills, or worse, elsewhere. I eat mostly fresh produce, and avoid pre-processed and packaged food, and it's amazing how much less trash that produces... So I like not having pods to toss out every day! Are there any made from bio-degradable materials?
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Hazards of Keurig - Bear900/CA on 3/7/18 10:49pm
 Re: Hazards of Keurig - rengel/CA on 3/7/18 11:11pm
 Re: Hazards of Keurig -  JanetK_CA on 3/10/18 1:31pm
 yes, biodegradable pods - rengel/CA on 3/10/18 7:42pm
 I switched a couple of years ago. I like the idea of a -  MW/VA on 3/8/18 7:17pm
 Re: I switched a couple of years ago. I like the idea of a - MikeC/TX on 3/9/18 6:34pm
 Re: I switched a couple of years ago. I like the idea of a -  janCA on 3/12/18 9:16am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.