Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Flippy - Does not work well with others.
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 3/12/18 3:41pm Msg #30093
God forbid someone hurts their wrist flipping burgers (per the video).

We take for granted how often food and beverages are prepared mechanically without us thinking about it when we consume it. Examples:

Peaches - pit, skin, slice, and sterilize in cans
Pears - same
Tomatoes - peeled, diced, chopped or pulverized into Ketchup and sauce, then sterilized in the can.
TV Dinners and MREs, how the trays have food deposited, filled, sealed and sterilized
Soups some cooked and sterilized in cans.
Baby food - sterilized in cans and bottles
All manner of foods and vegetables cooked/sterilized in cans
How almonds, walnuts, pecans, soft fruits including grapes are machine harvested
How tomatoes and pickle cucumbers are harvested
On and on...

I worked in manufacturing and engineering for the largest company in the U.S. that made these machines and many more types of sterilizers and food handling equipment. I was deep in the heart of it all. Perhaps my most fascinating job and I missed it for a very long time.

Flippy is a beginner. Wink
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Flippy - Does not work well with others. - NVLSlady/VA on 3/12/18 1:19pm
 Re: Flippy - Does not work well with others. - Bear900/CA on 3/12/18 3:41pm
 Stuff that keeps you up at night... - NVLSlady/VA on 3/12/18 5:56pm
 Re: Stuff that keeps you up at night... - Bear900/CA on 3/12/18 7:35pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.