Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

In the garden...
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 3/22/18 3:52pm Msg #30124
In spite of some freezing nights and now soaking rain, I have some die-hard plants out there that have taken on a life of their own. I think they're end goal is to take over here. Maybe stick ME in the garden.

I was getting red better boy tomatoes up until I cut the plants down a month ago. Planted new ones last week.

I threw a couple of beach towels over the peppers. Just as they looked like they were going to croak, new leaves started sprouting so I picked off the old ones. Some peppers were still hanging on. They are sturdy and look like miniature rose bushes. I planted a dozen more last week to be safe.

New lettuce, radishes, and wild flower seeds are sprouting.

The four foot kale plants that I cut to the ground have regrown to the size of lettuce heads. Getting green and scarlet curly leak kale back as freebies. Cut down a huge medicine ball sized collard at the base (was nice garden landscape) and it's now growing back. It's coming after me!

Still have chard and plenty of celery. Tons of corvair (large curly leaf) and flat leaf spinach still growing from winter garden.

So we discovered a neat low-cal breakfast using egg whites, corvair spinach, sweet peppers and I don't know what else. Mix and pour into a muffin pan, bake for 15 mins at 350 deg. Low-cal mini quiche thingies. Great stuff!

Telling you, this is too easy!
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 In the garden... - Bear900/CA on 3/22/18 3:52pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.