Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Dog Tale: Romeo is connected with his sister, Dakota
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 4/25/18 7:28am Msg #30262
In Sept 2016 adopted Romeo. German Shepherd, at 4 months. He had a sister, Athena, whom I wanted to adopt but the Humane Society wouldn't let me have both. Athena was adopted, I was told, by a ranch owner in Santa Ynez.

Romeo and I attended dog obedience school together, which was slightly beneficial. I'm just fortunate he turned out to be as good a dog as he is. He was 40 acres to roam around in and we then acquired Sweetie, a border collie. They are best buddies.

On the eve of departing for Roatan, Honduras, I was having a bite to eat at a nearby outdoor restaurant, waiting for my brother to arrive in town. The dogs had just had a spa day, sparkly clean and jubilant, they are in the back seat of my car watching me eat. A gentleman sitting next to me asked me about Romeo, how long had I had him and where did I get him. He said that he has an identical dog at home, and he adopted her at the same place, at 4 months of age. VOILA! We decided to get these two together when my brother and I returned from our trip.

We went to the dog park last night where Dakota and Romeo were reunited. We were together for a couple of hours. It turned out they probably don't remember each other, but they didn't fight. They both have the same markings, the same long tail, but way different personalities. The people who adopted her live only about 10 miles from me. They are retired. We'll get together again some time. It was a good time. Nice people.

PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Dog Tale: Romeo is connected with his sister, Dakota -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/25/18 7:28am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.