Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: MoviePass
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 8/7/18 4:11pm Msg #30521
When I was a kid, we had one little theater which had a balcony, a center and 2 sides, heavy velvet curtains, a stage and I think an orchestra pit. Sat and Sun matinees which opened with a cartoon or Flash Gorden or 3 stooges, and then the film. The man would be up on top and have to change the reels, sometimes the film would break or melt... Sometimes we'd have somebody open the door behind the screen, and we could sneak in if no one seen the light from the open door, lol I always paid back then, but knew those who snuck in.
My earliest movies I remember were Planet of the Apes, Poseidon Adventure, Jaws...Living in a very small town, that was "the" thing to do on a Friday night. Then about 2x a year they would have an XXX movie, oh lordy...that was a big hit as well with the older men, but I was too young, but heard all about who seen who there. lol
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 MoviePass - MikeC/TX on 8/5/18 5:50pm
 Re: MoviePass - Luckydog on 8/6/18 4:45pm
 Re: MoviePass - MikeC/TX on 8/6/18 6:04pm
 Re: MoviePass - Luckydog on 8/6/18 6:52pm
 Re: MoviePass - bagger on 8/7/18 1:20pm
 Re: MoviePass - Luckydog on 8/7/18 4:11pm
 PS Ushers - Luckydog on 8/7/18 4:12pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.