Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: New Feature for Amazon tracking
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 6/25/19 5:46pm Msg #31234
They've had this feature for quite a while. It only works on for Amazon Logistics (AMZL) deliveries on the day of delivery, and only when the driver is relatively close to you - either in your neighborhood or when they're a couple of stops away. Some of the drivers will take a photo of where they left the package, which is displayed on the tracking page after the package is delivered.

It's a neat feature - almost all of my Amazon deliveries now are made by AMZL. The only thing I don't like about their delivery service is that many of the drivers don't bother to knock on the door - they just leave the package on the doorstep. However, they do contact the mothership immediately after dropping the package, so I set up my Echo so that Alexa chimes and displays a yellow ring when a delivery is made, and I know to open the front door and retrieve the package.

There's a reason Amazon is the 800-lb gorilla of e-commerce - fantastic customer service and anticipating the needs of the customer before the customer even knows they have those needs. Their roll-out of AMZL started off kind of rocky, but now they seem to have their act together and they're expanding it rapidly. They're relying less and less on UPS and FedEx, with USPS taking up the slack, especially for more rural areas.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 New Feature for Amazon tracking - Luckydog on 6/25/19 1:55pm
 Re: New Feature for Amazon tracking - MikeC/TX on 6/25/19 5:46pm
 Re: New Feature for Amazon tracking - Luckydog on 6/26/19 8:08am
 Re: New Feature for Amazon tracking - MikeC/TX on 6/26/19 5:54pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.