Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Motorcycle accident yesterday ...
Posted by Yoli/CA of CA on 6/26/19 11:07am Msg #31236
On my way to Fedex after my 4:00 signing yesterday driving local streets when a lightweight motorcycle passed me up. I'm in slow lane of a 3-lane street. No more than a minute later, I hear an impact, see the car directly ahead of me in fast lane swerve to slow lane, see lots of foliage from center divide bushes flying all over and then see the motorcyclist lying on ground with his bike nearby. Biker had hit the bushes. It all happened SOOOO fast. The woman in car ahead of me had pulled to side of road, gotten out and was on her phone calling 411. We're in a residential neighborhood and some of the residents had heard the noise and come out to help. I always carry a blanket and a first aid kit. Got both and took over to young man lying on the road. He's bleeding from the head but conscious and trying to move. Neighbors are trying to keep him as still as possible. First responders were there almost immediately and took over.

Biker remained conscious throughout rescue. Thank God. All present were shaken up. Understandably. It was heartwarming to see people pull together and help as needed.

It's summer. Days are warm/hot and more and more bikes and motorcycles on the road. Please be aware of them and share the road.

PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Motorcycle accident yesterday ... - Yoli/CA on 6/26/19 11:07am
 correction ... calling 911 ... n/m - Yoli/CA on 6/26/19 4:31pm
 Re: Motorcycle accident yesterday ... - Luckydog on 6/26/19 6:11pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.