Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Quick fix for sinking office chair
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 7/1/19 8:53am Msg #31258
Do you have a desk chair that just keeps sinking down on the hydraulics after time? 2 quick fixes...if you have 1 1/2" diameter pvc pipe you can cut a piece 3 1/2" long, or in my case didn't need a whole big piece of pipe for just a few inches, used a tomato paste can. Flip the chair over and remove the pin and slide the base out. Take your PVC pipe or can, (both sides removed to make a tube). Slip it up to the top, replace the black plastic piece and put it back together, Presto! You have a chair that will not slip all the way down. It takes about 30 seconds. There are YouTubve videos on these fixes, but I used the can method which they never thought of. In my case, still allows to use the hydraulics to raise it a bit (maybe 1-2"), but doesn't sink as low down and stops at that 3 1/2 " mark. I just used the 3 1/2" size as what the videos all say they used and perfect height of the tomato paste can. Another plus is, the tomato paste can is the type you can still open on both ends, one end is not shallow as newer kinds of cans....make sure you check before you buy.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Quick fix for sinking office chair - Luckydog on 7/1/19 8:53am
 Pretty ingenious! n/m - Bear900/CA on 7/2/19 12:08am
 Re: Quick fix for sinking office chair - MikeC/TX on 7/3/19 6:31pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.