Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Falcon vs falcon, and other birds of feather
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 2/15/24 5:29pm Msg #36845
Pecking order...

Speaking of peanuts, we keep those around to feed the bluejays, who look to me for protection from the bigger fellas.
It's all a very funny routine, the three of us. I chase the big black birds away and the jays hop back into view.

Lately, robins have been carrying off some peanuts, but they struggle to open them as they don't have the beaks that jays have.

This morning, I saw two robins in the garden trying their best to decode the peanut shell. I watched for about half a minute in amusement when suddenly a blue jay flew in and grabbed it away from them as if saying, "Gimme dat!"
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Falcon vs falcon, and other birds of feather - Bear900/CA on 2/15/24 5:02pm
 Re: Falcon vs falcon, and other birds of feather - Bear900/CA on 2/15/24 5:29pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.