Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Oh Kaiser
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 4/18/24 4:03pm Msg #37000
I don't have Kaiser. The nearest is 100 miles or so from me in Bakersfield. I have Blue Shield Anthem. I once cut my leg near my ankle and and my gardening shoe filled up with blood. I thought I was a goner. I was taking care of my goats, when one of them came at me with their horns, and I panicked and fell into a wicked tree branch on a slope. I did not realize I was hurt until I saw all the blood and nearly passed out. I went to the ER at our local hospital mid day, wrapped a beach towel around my leg and drove myself about 15 miles away. I was looked at right away and put in a wheelchair in admission and told I would be called ASAP. Three hours later, I got in and saw a doctor who stitched up the laceration. He said it was very superficial. Who knew?

I wish I had gone to nursing school. There is a nurse shortage. I have a niece who just became an RN and makes $60 an hour. I now have a full fledged first aid kit with tons of wound care bandages, etc.

When it's hot and you're already amped up, cuts tend to bleed more. I now go to Cottage Urgent Care. They are faster and more attentive. I don't have goats any more. But I probably need a couple for all these weeds in my yard. They won't have horns.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Oh Kaiser - Mike Goodey on 4/17/24 7:29pm
 Heart attacks & being shot get attention. - Lee/AR on 4/18/24 12:14am
 Re: Oh Kaiser -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/18/24 4:03pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.