Notary Rotary
24 Hour Escrow Notary, LLC
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by Linda_H/FL on 6/13/11 2:22pm
Msg #386075

Anyone heard of them? Received an e-mail inviting me to "pre-register" with their database and "we will contact you within the next 45 days asking you to complete the registration process and update your profile"

According to the website: "Upon the launch of our website you will receive an email link to activate your advertisement profile. We will provide you with different options and price points that will give you a variety of tools to benefit your success."

E-mail came from a Spencer Snider, a loan signing agent and former debt consultant with Nationwide Consumer Savings.

Anyone heard anything or know anything about this?

TIA

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/13/11 2:27pm
Msg #386078

When you're not making enough being a notary....start a directory! Got it/checked it. Yeppers, pre-registration is FREE. Of course, there is no searchable database and when there is, you won't be in it unless you've done the 'price point' thing and paid for it. Got to say, I like the 'price point' wording... sounds much classier than 'fee', yes?

Reply by NJDiva on 6/13/11 2:27pm
Msg #386079

You Beat Me To It!

I was going to ask the same thing. I got sidetracked and totally forgot I was going to inquire. Sounds to me like a for profit advertising site.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 6/13/11 2:29pm
Msg #386080

Received same email. I'm curious too. n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/13/11 2:29pm
Msg #386081

Meant to include and completely forgot

no filing with the TX SOS for this company that I could find - corporations or tax listings...

Thank you both for your responses!!

Reply by Linda Juenger on 6/13/11 2:36pm
Msg #386082

Re: Meant to include and completely forgot

I received it also today, but they sent it to an email address that I have not used in years for business purposes. I just happened to check it today and it was there. I don't check that email address often at all. Wonder how they got it from?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/13/11 2:53pm
Msg #386084

Me too Linda - the address it came to is not the one

I advertise for my business - it's the one I use for personal use/matters....

I was looking at that wondering "where the heck did he get this??" - now, if I think way way back, it may be the initial address I used when I first started, which would mean my listing with the NNA, which means he's leaching the NNA SA database....

Hrrrmmmm

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/13/11 3:50pm
Msg #386092

Re: Me too Linda - the address it came to is not the one

Came to my one & only business e-mail. Never was (or will be) a member of NNA.
In other words--who knows? Anywhere, everywhere.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 6/13/11 5:49pm
Msg #386104

Yes, because there is sooo much business that

we need another site that no one has ever heard of to pay to advertise on.

** "I would like to invite you all to be a part of our new company that will be heavily utilized by national lenders and title companies for locating mobile notaries. " ** (from the email)

1) no site yet
2) no database yet
3) is very sure that THEIR site will be "heavily utilized"

humm... let me think. Business in general is down, SS companies (for the most part) want NSAs to work for peanuts (providing of course, that we buy the peanuts), more companies want to hold our pay for 45-60 days rather than the normal Net15 or Net 30, and inflation all around.

Sure! Why not spend money to advertise on a site that no one has ever heard of and low-ballers will probably love thinking everyone on it is probably new to the business. Of course, I could always just start a fire in a pit in my back yard with the money they might be asking for and watch all the pretty colors ... I'd probably get more out of it than advertising on a site that no one has ever heard of.

jmo Wink

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 6/13/11 6:07pm
Msg #386107

Will it ever end?

I got the same one today, Linda (loved the "price points,") plus the following one: (It seems the slower things are the more these registry scams pop up. As if NR, 123, and cafe aren't enuff for TCs/SSss to fund us ??...)

NationwideNotaryRegistry
NationwideNotaryRegistry.com

Welcome to the NationwideNotaryRegistry.com

You have received this message because we have had business relations in the past and/or we are under the impression that you currently are an active notary public.

We are contacting you because we can help you improve the pulling power of your advertising without increasing your advertising budget. That’s right. We are not asking you to spend more money on
advertising. We are only asking you for an opportunity to enhance your current advertising so it produces better results.

We are a young, dynamic and energetic company that has a multi skilled team of dedicated professionals. Our vision is simple yet ambitious: to create the largest online Registry of Notaries Public in the USA.

Please submit your contact information to NationwideNotaryRegistry. This will allow title & escrow companies and general public to have accurate information when seeking you for Notary Public signings.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/13/11 6:11pm
Msg #386110

Yep..that NNR one keeps showing up in my spam folder..:) n/m

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 6/13/11 7:23pm
Msg #386118

Crx: I meant: " to find us" n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.