Notary Rotary
Acknowledgement and Jurat labels
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by Kathy Fletcher on 6/23/11 10:05am
Msg #387386

Does anyone out there have a templete for either? Arizona SOS is now allowing us to use labels when notarizing a document that does not contain notarial wording. I would appreciate your help please. Have a Happy Day!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/23/11 10:13am
Msg #387389

Kathy, wouldn't it be more secure to get a stamp?

I would think so and, personally, would feel more comfortable using that. In the alterntive, if you have a word processing program on your computer you can type them up yourself. There should be a format for labels in your program.

Reply by BobbiCT on 6/23/11 10:17am
Msg #387390

The SOTS may allow labels BUT !!

If you are notarizing documents that must be scanned or mortgage loan documents, check with the receiver of the document or title insurance company to be sure that they will ACCEPT a label with the notarization block stuck on the original document.

Nothing against labels: Unless the label jams in the fax, photocopier or land records scanner and partially or fully peels off. Could result in a re-sign and re-notarize on your dime, with a number of annoyed people. (I've seen this happen in backroom banking and law firms, not a pretty sight or sound. Documents with labels must be placed on the flat bed rather than run through the automatic feeder ... if someone remembers to check the pile of documents for labels before sending them through the feeder.)

Reply by HisHughness on 6/23/11 10:42am
Msg #387393

What am I missing here?

Why would you not just print a bunch of certs and attach them to the documents? What is the objection to that?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/23/11 10:45am
Msg #387394

Re: What am I missing here? Three reasons I can

think of right off the top:

1. They get detached and lost;

2. Doc originator requires notarization on same page as signatures;

3. Increased recording fees.

Probably more ...

Reply by HisHughness on 6/23/11 11:02am
Msg #387397

Linda, you're already acting like a boss nurse

I only needed one reason, not three or more. Have some mercy. Go take somebody's blood pressure, rather than driving mine up.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/23/11 11:06am
Msg #387399

I had mercy, Hugh - I gave you the reasons you

asked for instead of making you figure it out for yourself!!...hehe...Smile

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 6/23/11 11:24am
Msg #387401

Geez... Nurse Ratchet! .......... j/k :) ... n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/23/11 11:36am
Msg #387403

ROFL!!!...:) n/m

Reply by Kathy Fletcher on 6/23/11 10:57am
Msg #387395

Re: Some great insight - thanks to all n/m

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 6/23/11 11:25am
Msg #387402

I don't really know how I feel about labels

One argument is that they can be easily removed, although I don't have enough experience with them to determine whether they are permanent once affixed or if they can be removed easily. If I were to use a label (and I never have), I would probably affix my embosser over it in such a way that, if it were removed, the embossed impression on the paper itself - together with the sticky residue left from the label - might be evident of the existence of a notarial certificate.

I am sure they make permanent labels... but I prefer my acknowledgment stamp to be honest.

JMHO

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/23/11 5:25pm
Msg #387449

Re: I don't really know how I feel about labels

The gold seals I use with my embosser are the permanent type - if someone tries to peel it off, the paper is destroyed. There are probably permanent regular, printable labels like that somewhere.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.