Notary Discussion History

Auto Insurance
Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by walthtz on 6/9/11 12:45pm
Msg #385668

Auto Insurance

Hello everyone.
Question?
Does anyone get a Business Endorsement on their Auto Insurance?
Or do you just stay with the personal & if something happens, say you are on lunch or whatever?

Thanks
Walt

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/9/11 12:52pm
Msg #385671

I didn't need a business endorsement - use of my vehicle is considered commuting to the job site so no business endorsement was required - at least according to my insurance agent.

I would guess that if I were to set up a mobile office in there it would be a different story.

Reply by MW/VA on 6/9/11 1:26pm
Msg #385685

I wasn't sure about this at first, either. I called my insurance agent & my vehicle is insured in a business classification. After all, I'm claiming over 50% usage for business on my taxes, have my co. info in vinyl letters on the rear window, etc. It doesn't cost that much more for the business classification.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 6/9/11 1:29pm
Msg #385687

I also have business class on my auto insurance.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 6/10/11 12:58pm
Msg #385794

I have a business endorsement on my auto insurance. Most, if not all, regular auto insurance policies have a business exclusion in them originally. The cost to add a business endorsement is very little and well worth it should you have to make a claim while preforming work.

Regardless of what any agent says, one should always read their own policy to ensure what coverages and exclusions they actually have. No insurance company will pay anything because an agent told someone that they were covered but the contract did not provide coverage or the contract gives the insurance company the right to deny coverage. Always read your individual contract to make sure you have the coverage you think you should have. Agents come and go, but the contract is the only thing the insurance company has to honor.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.