Notary Rotary
Calif Notaries who have renewed their comm, Journal question
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by Notarysigner on 6/8/11 9:36am
Msg #385471

Once your new commission period began did you start a new journal? If so, your reason for doing so. I’m thinking of doing so since (1) my new commission number is different and (2) I changed my name/signature to a shorter version.

I could find no reference regarding this so I'm asking the membership so I can make a wise choice as to why I should or shouldn’t start a new journal to coincide with my new commission start date.

Reply by RonA/CA on 6/8/11 9:51am
Msg #385473

IMO, there's no need to start a new journal, James, since your sequential journal entries do not reference your commission number or your name. However, starting a new journal is entirely up to you. I, personally, started a new journal when I renewed my commission only because I changed to a journal that had a different & more precise entries format.

Reply by 101livescan on 6/8/11 9:51am
Msg #385474

You can keep using your current journal...No need to start a new one, especially since there was no lapse in your status with commissioning. If there were more than 30 days, you would be required to turn in all your old journals.

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 6/8/11 10:13am
Msg #385477

I'm on my 4th commission - different commission numbers each

time. I've always continued with the same journal.
I didn't see any reason to start a new one.
I'm going on 12 journals all continuous.
Smile

Reply by MrEd_Ca on 6/8/11 10:56am
Msg #385481

--- I made a note in my journal that my Comm #...

... had changed/updated. I also added the new commission # & date to the front of that journal.

Seems like a potential waste of good journal space if you start a new journal with a the new commission.

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/8/11 12:10pm
Msg #385521

Thanks to everyone -don't fix what ain't broke! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.