Notary Rotary
Color Laser Printer
Notary Discussion History

Color Laser Printer
Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by RedBaron/IN on 6/8/11 3:15pm
Msg #385550

Color Laser Printer

Anyone have any suggestions on what & where to buy or not to buy. Thank you for your comments.

Reply by Les_CO on 6/8/11 3:30pm
Msg #385552

I’m not quite sure of what you are asking? For this business you do not need a color printer. In my opinion you do need a dual tray (legal-letter) laser (B&W) printer.

Reply by SouthernOK on 6/9/11 12:29am
Msg #385612

This is only my opinion and I have a color laser.

I did not want to have several large machines (printer, scanner, fax, copier.) I don't want my office to look like a collection of random pieces of equipment. Every person has different needs and wants, I needed a color laser and I wanted only one all-in-one style machine.

Based on this I purchased the Brother MFC-9970CDW. I've had it only 2 months but have nothing bad to say about it. Easy to set-up (all my past printers were either HP or Canon) and very easy to use on a daily basis.

I love the wireless function, it allows me to place the printer near the main phone line and then "line-out" to the message machine. When a call comes in the printer routes the call based on voice/fax and only rings the phone if it's a voice call. When it's a fax the machine receives automatically and I am not left running to the fax and trying to press the receive buttons before the call drops.

The ADF works flawlessly and scans both sides in one pass, a real blessing for duplex printed items.

The thing I really noticed with other printers, when I shopped at the office supply store, is that when some printers are loaded with legal paper the tray(s) will not close completely. For me that was a deal breaker and ruled out one printer line completely just from this problem. My toddler would be unable to stop himself from breaking the tray if left slightly open. (I could hear the sound of small crackers be jammed into the machine as I stood in the store.)

Take a few sheets of legal and letter with you when you go and shop. Open and close every tray/door/cover and test fit both the loading and tray position when closed of the legal size paper. Buy something that you can find ink for locally, you don't want to stuck waiting on the delivery man.

Reply by SouthernOK on 6/9/11 12:31am
Msg #385613

I also added the second printer tray for the dual tray jobs. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.