Notary Rotary
Couriers
Notary Discussion History

Couriers
Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by pat/WA on 6/14/11 3:27pm
Msg #386192

Couriers

I am curious. I had a courier pick up a signed document package today. He gave me a business card with only his name and cell phone on it.
I would like to know if couriers are licensed bonded and insured. If not, why would a title company trust them?
Not thinking about doing this just curious.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 6/14/11 3:50pm
Msg #386195

Probably the same reason they knowingly "trust" lying, thieving, scumbag SSs. TCs regularly route docs to us through SSs that they know lie and cheat us out of our $$ (SOX, for example). Continuing that thought, do you think they care about borrowers' privacy when they route docs to these types of SSs? Obviously not. So what would make us think TCs are concerned about a little-ole courier service observing their "(nonexistent) privacy standards"? They want cheap, they want easy... and they don't care - they may say they do, but they really don't.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.