Notary Rotary
Efax service. I am seeing a number of companies that require
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by Bob_Chicago on 6/27/11 4:18pm
Msg #387912

that certain documents be uploaded to them. I have an excellent self-feeding digital fax
machine, but have, not as yet, required a scanner.
I have heard of efax services. I only would need the service to send faxes to myself, so that I could transfer the emailed dox to my computer in order to be able to upload them. At the current time, it would only be a page or two. Not referring to uploanding a closing pkg, as at this time, my fax machine is all that I require for that purpose.
What would be the least expensive service to use. EFAX seems to be about $17 a month after a free trial, and I saw one or two others at about $10/month.
What would my fellow, knolwledgeable NOTROTERS recommentd?
TIA for any help.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 6/27/11 4:37pm
Msg #387921

Bob, have you checked out the fax service here on Notary Rotary?

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 6/27/11 4:51pm
Msg #387925

fax service here on Notary Rotary?

Forgive a non-tecchi
Wheredat?

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 6/27/11 5:39pm
Msg #387930

Think that I figured it out. Thanks Glenn. The 21st century

is really cool, once oldtimers learn what it contains and how to find it

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 6/27/11 11:21pm
Msg #387981

Re: Think that I figured it out. Thanks Glenn. The 21st century

Sorry I left after throwing that bone. Glad it worked out. Just another reason to belong to NR.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 6/27/11 4:42pm
Msg #387924

I use MetroFax. I've used several of these services over the years, and Metrofax, for me, is the best by far. I have an annual plan, but I think they start at about $8 a month.

Reply by LisaWI on 6/27/11 4:58pm
Msg #387926

I have been using or did use before I got my all-in-one, MaxEmail. It is $14.95 a year with a one time start up fee of $10 I believe it is. That is for the basic service which includes your incoming faxes but you can also do a few outgoing faxes. As long as you dont go over their quota ( and Im not sure how many pages that is) for the outgoing faxes, its pretty inexpensive. And I did exactly what you are describing, I used it for faxing to myself to send to the comps for their review for the outgoing and then also a few pages that I needed to have copies of for myself. I never got charged for the outgoing faxes.

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/27/11 5:19pm
Msg #387927

Ditto Lisa. I just got my ANNUAL bill of $14.95. Used it for incoming only. Have never tried outgoing. The faxes come in to you as a pdf attachment--which you can save and resend.

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/27/11 5:22pm
Msg #387928

Caveat, Bob...

Don't know who you're working with but be sure of the format they want uploaded before you go paying for any fax service. If they want jpg or gifs or some such, pdf's aren't going to cut it.

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 6/27/11 5:41pm
Msg #387931

The NOTROT service seems to be fine for my needs.

Thaks to all for your prompt help.
NOTROT rocks

Reply by Gavina Franklin on 6/27/11 7:41pm
Msg #387954

Why pay for a service when here at notary rotary is free?
I use it every day for my real estate business and I love it.

Reply by MW/VA on 6/27/11 8:37pm
Msg #387959

I thought fax through NR was just for incoming. Can it be

set up for outgoing as well??????

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 6/27/11 11:19pm
Msg #387980

Re: I thought fax through NR was just for incoming. Can it be

It does have an outbox. I have never tried to send a fax. I either fax directly from my computer, or I have an inexpensive fax machine that I only use for outgoing. I'll take a look and play with the NR fax.

The NR fax service has worked well for my needs.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/28/11 6:31am
Msg #387987

I can't figure out how to send a fax. I read the Help.

I'm looking forward to learning how to send.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/28/11 6:42am
Msg #387989

Wow..yeah..me too - goodbye long distance phone bill..

I, too, thought the fax service here was incoming only...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.