Notary Rotary
HELP
Notary Discussion History

HELP
Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by pat/WA on 6/24/11 5:41pm
Msg #387597

HELP

I cannot download documents from National Link.
Anyone else having a problem? It tells me to download Nitro PDF Reader. But an error occurs and it won't download

Reply by Teresa Rowe on 6/24/11 5:43pm
Msg #387599

Try to download Foxit Reader, it has worked for me in the past.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 6/24/11 6:19pm
Msg #387605

Just download adobe reader

http://get.adobe.com/reader/

Reply by Sha/CA on 6/24/11 9:15pm
Msg #387627

Re: Just download adobe reader

I had some work done on my computer recently and had to reinstall Adobe Reader X. Then, I had to install a PDF Viewer (a converter) to be able to see some credit card statements in PDF, and I still cannot see the first couple of pages. It says "cannot render page". I've installed and reinstalled Adobe Reader X, rebooted the system a few times, turned off the anti-virus (not in that order) and it still prompts me to install something else in order to open a PDF file. Same results, making me crazy! Any ideas what I need to do now to be able to read all pages of the PDF? I never had to use a converter before with Adobe Reader X. My computer is running on WIndows XP now and before it ran on Windows 7. Would you please help me too?

Reply by GWest on 6/25/11 9:09am
Msg #387667

Maybe to back to Adobe Reader 9

I have read here that some have had problems with Adobe Reader X and because of that I will not download that version. Search Adobe X here and you will read some problems NR's have had.

Reply by Sha/CA on 6/25/11 1:51pm
Msg #387680

Re: Maybe to back to Adobe Reader 9

Thank you. I'll try to find the older version. Any suggestions where to look?

Reply by jba/fl on 6/25/11 1:55pm
Msg #387682

PAW has posted about this in the past. I would search here for: adobe past versions or some kind of variation on that. There have been several discussions and should be easy to find.

Reply by Sha/CA on 6/25/11 2:06pm
Msg #387686

Thank you, Julianne. I'll do that now. Have a great rest of the day.

Reply by Sha/CA on 6/25/11 5:31pm
Msg #387700

Adobe Reader 9 works! Thank you :-)

I have read it here many times, that Adobe X did not work well for some. It had worked for me until I had work done on my computer. Now, I have reinstalled Adobe 9 from Adobe's website and it works just fine so far. I haven't had a set of docs to run on it yet, but what I did check worked perfectly with the 9! Thank you all for your support. I just did not think it would happen to me and that was my first (well, one of them) mistake! It can happen to me, so I learned a lesson; Pay attention to the posts here and use the search button to find answers to my questions, first. Sometimes it's just easier to ask the question and wait for the answer to appear, than to wade through all the old posts. Thanks again.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.