Notary Rotary
HP 3330 scanner bulb
Notary Discussion History

HP 3330 scanner bulb
Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by ShirleyB/CA on 6/16/11 6:28pm
Msg #386522

HP 3330 scanner bulb

I know there were quite a few notaries who had the HP 3330 printer so I am wondering if anyone has a solution to this problem. I am getting "scanner bulb warming up" and "scanner error". The messages just stay on. I have tried powering on and off, cleaning the mirrors under the bulb and various resets. I used to be able to get it going sometimes, but now it won't print or anything. Has anyone had this problem and been able to fix it? Or did you get rid of the machine?

Reply by JanetK_CA on 6/16/11 6:54pm
Msg #386529

I've had the same problem, but haven't really tried to fix it. I just use this as a back-up printer these days. As long as I keep it on and don't send anything too large at once, it still prints just fine, if not nearly as fast as my primary printer. I had occasion to use it recently when the last toner cartridge I had for my main printer turned out to be defective - and I forgot to not send the whole package to print at once (due to too little memory). I had to shut it off and had a heck of a time getting it to "ready" mode again vs. the "scanner error". It finally did warm up though, after a couple of days of trying. (Thankfully, I also have another back-up printer!!)

I have been debating getting rid of it because calling in a repair person is probably not worth it for what is now pretty dated technology. I was planning on looking for a newer model but I'm not too keen on investing in more equipment in this current market. However, if there's a reasonable fix, I'd love to hear, as well. I've certainly gotten my money's worth from it, though, with 182,644 pages printed as of a moment ago! Smile It seems to me that the newer (all-in-one) models aren't built to handle as much volume.

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/16/11 8:06pm
Msg #386538

google it... I found many sites that might be of help.

Reply by PAW on 6/16/11 8:18pm
Msg #386543

I have that problem occasionally as well. If you're not afraid of "opening" a can of worms, I can send you the directions to fix it. NOTE: It does involve disassembling the printer.

Reply by ShirleyB/CA on 6/16/11 9:18pm
Msg #386551

I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that....I have seen some directions on a couple of websites, but I would rather have them from someone I "know" so please go ahead and send them.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 6/16/11 9:37pm
Msg #386552

Paul, would you mind sending that info to me, as well? If it's a matter of disassembling vs. tossing, I don't have much to lose! Wink Many thanks!

Reply by PAW on 6/17/11 8:27am
Msg #386575

Instructions available by download

http://www.pawnotary.com/documents/Fix%20HP3330%20Scanner.pdf

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPAIR THE PRINTER/SCANNER UNLESS YOU ARE COMFORTABLE DOING EQUIIPMENT REPAIRS. The procedure is for skilled repair technicians and is not recommended without some knowledge of equipment repair. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.