Notary Rotary
I got that call from Servicelink
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by aanotary on 6/10/11 4:05pm
Msg #385814

Are they crazy? she tells me they want to start having the same payment for overnight or edocs- I said sure- sign me up for $100 for overnighted docs ( of course I knew what she meant). I asked her if she would expect to pay the same in a restaurant if she ordered a diet coke or a diet coke and a steak?-where do these people get off?-My experience in this business is when one door closes another will open-if the want to stop calling me- so be it. I like Servicelink well enough- but I am not doing edocs for 55 or 70.00?-yikes

Reply by HARRY_PA on 6/10/11 4:21pm
Msg #385817

So did I. When I told her that I was not interested in being a preferred notary at those fees, she said that I would be maintained in the database, if I wished, under my current structure. It was a very pleasant conversation and I do not expect to hear from them much in the future.

Harry

Reply by NotaryMot/CA on 6/10/11 5:10pm
Msg #385832

Re: Parasites Biting Into SA Fees

If we all said no to these ridiculously low fees they'd have no choice. What would they do? They can't all do signings in-house. I noted Wells Fargo is trying to get people to come to their offices to conduct their own signings but this is not possible much of the time.

We have the power in this matter. People should stop giving up their power to these greedy companies. If these companies had to shortchange their notaries to get the contract with their clients all we have to do is say no.

I turned down a $75 edocs yesterday. The lady lied to me claiming I accepted an assignment from her for that fee earlier wanting to know why I turned it down. I checked and I did no such thing. Parasites are trying to get us to work for far less then we deserve. Just say no.

Reply by Stoli on 6/10/11 5:31pm
Msg #385839

Please say no. n/m

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 6/10/11 8:37pm
Msg #385862

"I asked her if she would expect to pay the same in a restaurant if she ordered a diet coke or a diet coke and a steak?"

I love the example! You are correct that you have to know that your time/skills/knowledge are worth the fees you charge. If a SS wants to shop around for garage sale prices, they are free to do so. Of course they may also receive garage sale quality. If a company wants a professional they should offer a professional fee.

Cheaper is not always better and better is not always cheaper.

Reply by JerryhFL on 6/11/11 5:41am
Msg #385891

I have a total signing fee that is split between notary services and printing of the documents

ServiceLinks stated goal is to deliver documents overnight to the notary, thereby cutting their cost by elminating the notary printing fee.

What they said to me was "we will increase your base notary services fee and send you overnight documents or you can stay on the same pricing plan you now have."

Only time will tell if this suggested plan is practical and profitable for us as well as ServiceLink.

Reply by NJW/FL on 6/11/11 7:17am
Msg #385893

In my phone conversations with them, I was told that they would send confirmation with overnight fee and if it ended up an e mail doc they would then change it to the additional fee I required. There was no change in my fees, just the fact that they intend to overnight docs as much as possible.

Reply by NJW/FL on 6/11/11 7:18am
Msg #385894

In my phone conversations with them, I was told that they would send confirmation with overnight fee and if it ended up an e mail doc they would then change it to the additional fee I required. There was no change in my fees, just the fact that they intend to overnight docs as much as possible. I did have a signing that was originally overnight but became e-docs and they did send me a new confirmation reflecting the change with my fee.

Reply by NJW/FL on 6/11/11 7:19am
Msg #385895

apology for the unfinished post and double post! n/m

Reply by aanotary on 6/11/11 9:22am
Msg #385909

I did 2 signings with the overnight fee that was on my confirmation. The order ended up edocs and my fee was increased. The phone call yesterday was different. Servcelink wanted to know if I would accept the SAME fee for over night and/or edocs??! And of course the fee was not the edoc fee. She mentioned something about 70.00! That is when I said you cannot order a drink or a drink and an entree at a restaurant & expect to pay the same price? Which is what she was asking me to do. She started off saying they are doing this because business is slow? Slow business would be a reason for me to raise my fees? Not lower them. Are they lowering the fees they charge?

Reply by Alz on 6/11/11 6:44pm
Msg #385964

Stand firm on your business policies and procedures n/m

Reply by BNotary on 6/12/11 11:40am
Msg #386001

Re: Stand firm on your business policies and procedures

Got a call for a modification 90 miles R/T $35.00, their top price. Sorry, no can do.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.