Notary Rotary
If it weren't for bad luck.......
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by topflyt on 6/22/11 2:37pm
Msg #387268

Early this a.m....I mean early...got a call from a title co. (back east) wanting to know if I'm available for a signing at my standard fee in my hometown at 4:p.m....it's less than 1.5 miles from me... I said sure, no problem. I wait until after 9: a.m. to call borrowers to confirm and am told that it is on Friday, 24th. I am leaving for vacation Friday a.m.! So I have to call title to get someone else!
Last time same title co. called me for a siging, I was in Maui! Must fight with ss companies to get close to my standard fee and this title co. is willing to GIVE me my fee!
Guess I have no luck at all! And, no, I don't have my health...

Reply by MW/VA on 6/22/11 2:40pm
Msg #387270

LOL. I wish I had some of your "luck"--to be on vacation or

to be in Maui? How is that bad luck? LOL

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/22/11 10:53pm
Msg #387364

<<<So I have to call title to get someone else!>>>

The TC should have stated the date, but since they didn't and you may have forgotten to ask, I would take a different approach than *just* giving the job back. I would call a Notary friend with whom I network - whom I trust and is experienced and see if they can fill in. If they're available and willing, I would call the TC back and explain the mix-up - you thought the signing was tomorrow at 4pm and you're schedule is booked on June 24th at 4pm. It's none of their business WHY you're unavailable and I wouldn't announce that I was going on vacation. Then offer the substitute Notary's contact info, letting the TC know you've already confirmed that this Notary is available and willing. They can do their own fee negotiation.

Then it's up to the TC if they want to use this referral or call someone else, but at least you didn't call back leaving them hanging - you offered a trusted and experienced substitute. They may remember that and boost you up the list the next time they need a Notary convering your town.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 6/23/11 12:26am
Msg #387367

Nominated for Professional Service Post Award of the year.

This thread should be etched in stone somewhere in the Halls of NotaryLand.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.