Notary Rotary
Is Genuine Title aka SOX?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by FLnotarytogo on 6/16/11 7:16am
Msg #386431

Had a phone call from Genuine Title last night at 5:55PM (was just leaving a closing) asking me if I could do a closing at 6:30pm for them. I was otherwise committed. However, something tricked my memory from back in the day that they were SOX. Maybe they were Heavyweight Title? I seem to recall a logo from 2006 closings with a hand clenched up into a fist as part of it. The girl then asked me what time it was here. Seems odd I would have to tell her 6:00pm EST when they are located in Maryland. Obviously I declined. I do remember that once back then they called me they didn't stop and getting payment was like pulling hair out of a gorilla's butt.

Reply by jba/fl on 6/16/11 7:37am
Msg #386434

"Obviously I declined."
That is not what was obvious - and how would we jump to that conclusion? There are some obvious things though:

Did you use the Orange Search button and come to this conclusion? did you check Signing Central button?

These are 2 different companies - sometimes doing a bit of looking around is more than worth the effort. When you don't check, and we know the information and tons of it is available, we think a bit differently about our answers. Try looking for yourself.

Even though it is said that there are no stupid questions, well, there are. This qualifies IMO.

sorry if your feelings are hurt - you are in a highly competitive business in slow times. "You want truth? You can't handle the truth." comes to mind.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 6/16/11 9:39am
Msg #386449

Having a so-so day Julianne?

I think you're comments were inappropriate at best. She said that she was leaving a signing and was going off her memory. Clearly, she made a mistake in confusing the 2 companies. Nonetheless, both companies are terrible and have major payments issues.

I don't understand why you're so upset............

Reply by Larry/IL on 6/16/11 9:46am
Msg #386450

Having a so-so day Julianne? X2 !!! n/m

Reply by HisHughness on 6/16/11 10:33am
Msg #386458

Re: Having a so-so day Julianne?

Julie doesn't need to be having a bad day to be sharp-tongued. Sometimes, all she needs to be is just Julie. And occasionally, Julie just being Julie is actually productive for others on the board.

Myself, I found the original post quite useful. I loved the bit about being "tough as pulling hair out of a gorilla's butt." Can't put a much finer point on it than that. I'll use that gorilla's posterior somewhere down the line, I'm sure.

Maybe in pointing out that getting Julie to play nice is like pulling...

Reply by jba/fl on 6/16/11 10:41am
Msg #386460

Ah, yes, a good line is a terrible thing to waste! n/m

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 6/16/11 1:32pm
Msg #386485

Please, SirHugh, once is enuff with that line

I knew I would appeal to your finer senses ... but, still, spare us from a repeat in any upcoming posts. Thank you so much!

Reply by FLnotarytogo on 6/16/11 12:29pm
Msg #386475

Wow! (Again!) I simply asked a question. So what I am going to say next may or may not seem offensive. And I hope no one takes this offensively or personally.

There is no right or wrong answer, however, it was recently posed in forum why "new" notarys ask a question and once bashed you never hear from again. This would be an indication as to why. I usually don't have time to sit and monitor the boards all day. That is why I am never really posting. And like so many posts before mine there always tends to be a turn way off track from the original posting into and end result of something entirely else. And it gets wayyyyy off topic. There is no need to take offense nor is there any need to be offensive. When I first started looking at NR many years ago colleagues did not respond anything like this. It seems a shame that everyone wants to bite everyone else's head off. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Reply by Sha/CA on 6/16/11 12:32pm
Msg #386476

Are we having fun yet?! n/m

Reply by Larry/IL on 6/16/11 1:27pm
Msg #386484

They are not worth the effort !!!

I would not let an unprofessional individual, lacking etiquette, with a toxic, negative outlook, rent space in my mind. I can't imagine being a co-worker, a neighbor, or worse a family member of someone with a critical and negative personality.

I wouldn't even acknowledge them with a response. When they post in a critical and negative way, they put themselves on display for all to see, including people that might have considered using them for work. They obviously don't know that they say volumes about themselves with very few words.

Keeping posting, this is a good site and there are plenty of people that care about others and will help.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/16/11 2:05pm
Msg #386487

Linked for you
Also known as Safir Signing Agents.

Reply by Sha/CA on 6/16/11 7:49pm
Msg #386535

What do you mean, Sylvia?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/16/11 9:13pm
Msg #386549

Sha/CA

"Linked for you" means that I linked the original message to the SC entry, so if you click on "link" it will take you to their listing - which shows they are also known as Safir Signing Agents.

The "link" option is when you click on the message in the options, the boxes underneath the message where you click to reply, you can also click on "link" and it will take you to their entry and you can read all the messages for the company.

(there is a little two chain icon next to messages that contain a linked post)

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 6/16/11 3:50pm
Msg #386498

No they r not related, never have been.

Reply by HisHughness on 6/16/11 4:30pm
Msg #386502

***No they r not related, never have been.***

Dunno 'bout that. I suspect all deadbeats share DNA, and it all leads back to the original deadbeat, Thomas Sirianni. Those who have been around for a while will remember that name.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 6/16/11 5:06pm
Msg #386504

And may he stub his toe hard at every mention of his name. n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 6/16/11 6:40pm
Msg #386524

Only if he is barefoot! n/m

Reply by MonicaFL on 6/16/11 7:50pm
Msg #386536

Well, I also got a call from them - Genuine Title and on their confirmation it showed "Safir" - so, I would think they are one and the same. Needless to say, when I looked up their ratings I turned it back. The scheduler begged me to take it and said "I will see to it that you get paid" - but by what authority does she say that? She was just the scheduler not the check writer or signer. Thanks but no thanks.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 6/16/11 8:07pm
Msg #386539

Smart move. I took a app from them and live down the street. I had to threaten I was going to drop in for my check and it was in the mail the next day. Even living in the same town doesn't give priority to who gets paid with that sm-ck

Reply by FLnotarytogo on 6/17/11 12:27pm
Msg #386643

Guys, thank you all for your responses and getting it back on topic. ...And yes, I like a good sense of humor, hence the "gorilla butt". Have an abundant and safe weekend!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.