Notary Rotary
Jim Coffey at Trans State Services
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by NJDiva on 6/18/11 10:49am
Msg #386794

Just wanted to put a good word in for Trans State. I did two closings for Jim 5/27 and received payment today.

I have nothing but high regard for Jim!

I don't see Trans State listed in the companies. Does anyone know why?

Reply by laurel/nc on 6/18/11 11:05am
Msg #386795

I've worked for him in the past and I totally agree. Wish I could hear from him again!!!!

Reply by cal2az on 6/18/11 11:10am
Msg #386796

Maybe you could add them on Signing Central?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/18/11 11:11am
Msg #386797

They're there and it's linked n/m

Reply by NJDiva on 6/18/11 11:16am
Msg #386799

Why won't it show up for me??

That's really bizarre but it doesn't come up for me in SC. The only ones there are Trans Union, Transcontinental (2x's), and Transtar. It doesn't come up under Jim Coffey either.

Pray tell, am I doing something wrong?

Reply by cal2az on 6/18/11 11:24am
Msg #386802

Re: Why won't it show up for me??

OK. When I am "not" logged in: Trans State Services, Inc., FL comes up, but I can't access company details.

When I "am" logged in: Trans State does not show up alphabetically. . . ??

Reply by NJDiva on 6/18/11 11:29am
Msg #386804

Absolutely right!

Just tried that technique. Logged out, came up, then when logged in, nothing.

This has been issue for a while now. I never tried looking for it while not logged in.

One time I even tried to add it and it said it was already listed. This time I just decided to start a post. Maybe now we'll come to a resolution and it'll be available for viewing.

Cheryl

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/18/11 11:37am
Msg #386805

This company is described in SC as a

"regional" company servicing specific states, which are listed. I'd guess that's why you can't see it in SC.

I'd suggest you both contact NotRot Admin, let them know Trans State is obviously working in your states and ask them to change the coding. Part of their website states "Trans State Services Inc. also has notaries experienced in signing Loan Documents, Nationwide in the following States"....NotRot shouldn't have a problem changing this coding to "nationwide" then everyone can see it.

Reply by LindaD/NJ on 6/18/11 11:39am
Msg #386806

Agree, Very nice to work with. n/m

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/18/11 12:16pm
Msg #386812

IF when entering a new co, we'd all just add 'all states'...

it would always be there for everyone. Many regionals only start that way and then expand into all or nearly all states. Just saying... going forward, we can fix it.

Reply by jba/fl on 6/18/11 12:22pm
Msg #386813

I think that they are verified by mgmt. here

and that from the company's response the coding is set.

I have been known to be wrong, but I seem to remember something......

Reply by Ireneky on 6/18/11 3:42pm
Msg #386819

Jim is the best to work for n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 6/18/11 3:47pm
Msg #386820

He's tops in this biz. :) I wish they were all like him. n/m

Reply by Deborah Lewellen on 6/19/11 7:32am
Msg #386858

Re: He's tops in this biz. :) I wish they were all like him.

Yes, Jim is a real down to earth guy, I've worked for him in the past dont' get too much work from him, but when I do, and he calls it's like were old friends, you don't get that too often with so many of the signing services and title co., I get that we all have a job to do, and sometimes were very rushed to have all the common courtesies of friendly chat, but it's a shame that more folks aren't like Jim. Keep up the good work Jim, it shows. character shines thru.

Reply by UKCowboy_CA on 6/19/11 10:52am
Msg #386867

Surprise! Someone paid me.

Is this going to be the new thing on this board? Every time someone gets paid they are going to write rave reviews on here or are the SS now making this a requirement of gettiing paid? You are in business they are supposed to pay you! Duh!!!!!!!

Reply by UKCowboy_CA on 6/19/11 12:28pm
Msg #386873

Re: Surprise! Someone paid me.

Confirmed by this PM I just received:

"This isn't new - it's a Jim Coffey habit - he includes notes in payments to notaries asking them to post positive feedback on the board. There's a post on one-two-three notary also.

Pretty cheeky advertising if you ask me... "

Just shows you how desperate these people are.

Reply by jba/fl on 6/19/11 12:45pm
Msg #386874

Re: Surprise! Someone paid me.

All around desperation as well. The SS for having the party started at the SA's initiative and the SS for prodding something for what is a normal part of the business world.

Does the SA feel if they don't post they won't get called again? That they won't get paid next time?

I'm with you Cowboy - cheeky at best.

Reply by docs1954CA on 6/19/11 1:26pm
Msg #386875

He only pays if the loan funds....

Otherwise, nothing.A good guy, I guess, but I can't afford to work for free.

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/19/11 1:48pm
Msg #386879

Re: He only pays if the loan funds....

I am independent business owner, not an employee. The difference? Employees accept whatever fee is *paid* by the employer. Business owners *charge* a fee they've established that covers their expenses and yields a profit.

I completed Trans State's online notary sign up application and received a reply with their Service Letter and Agreement. The following sentence within the agreement is a dealbreaker for me: "If there are crossouts or any changes made to our agreement, it will be rejected."

An agreement is a "meeting of the minds"......not a one-sided directive.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/19/11 2:22pm
Msg #386881

Yeah...Jim and I didn't see eye to eye on several

things - one was his agreement; another was when I first started out here in FL and submitted my "application" - he didn't think 25 years as a real estate paralegal meant I knew about loan docs and closings - told me to get back to him when I had more experience..

Because of that, I've never worked for him. They did call me once a couple years ago for a refi - offered less than $100 so I couldn't accommodate them.

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/19/11 2:43pm
Msg #386882

Re: Yeah...Jim and I didn't see eye to eye on several

<<<.....he didn't think 25 years as a real estate paralegal meant I knew about loan docs and closings - told me to get back to him when I had more experience..>>>

LOL, now that's hilarious!!! That anyone can reject 25 years of real estate paralegal expertise is beyond me.......YIKES!!

Reply by desktopfull on 6/19/11 2:49pm
Msg #386883

I got kicked off his database years ago when I didn't attend a picnic he planned at the Bithlo race track. Does take much to get on his bad side. Don't miss all the hoops I used to have to dance through at all.

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/19/11 6:14pm
Msg #386884

<<<I got kicked off his database years ago when I didn't attend a picnic he planned at the Bithlo race track.>>>

LOL.....Now that's a new low.

Reply by CorpJen on 6/20/11 11:54am
Msg #386919

she's so full of _ _ _ _

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/20/11 12:03pm
Msg #386923

Who is Jen? n/m

Reply by docs1954CA on 6/20/11 1:01pm
Msg #386935

Correction on this..Sorry Mr. Coffey for the error

From his IC contract;

B. COMPENSATION
1. Trans State Services, Inc. shall pay the Signing Agent $75.00 per signing in the
Counties you specify, $85.00 per signing in the next Counties you specify. See
Personal Page Sheet. Additional fees will be paid in the following
instances….$50.00 will paid if there is a 2nd loan closing simultaneously….

2. No reimbursement for mileage expense will be paid.

3. A fee of $25.00 will be paid for printing edocs, which includes making a copy set
for the borrowers. Revised email packages or when closings cancel, are
compensated at $15.00. This print fee will cover 1st or 1st & 2nd mortgages
together. Printing and copying partial packages....up to 20 pages for borrower
and the package....no fee. Printing and copying partial packages....over 20 pages
for borrower and the package.... $5.00.
4. Signing Agent is compensated as an independent contractor and as such, no state,
federal, or local taxes will be withheld from their compensation. All tax
payments are the responsibility of the Signing Agent. Signing Agent will receive
a federal Form 1099 in accordance with IRS requirements.
5. A fee of $65 will be paid to the Signing Agent for incompleted closings,
borrowers do not sign the documents, resulting in the Signing Agent time and
transportation to the borrower selection place of closing. If a closing cancels,
without travel, a print fee of $15 will be compensated.

Reply by NJDiva on 6/20/11 9:19am
Msg #386901

Are you guys kidding me?

“Is this going to be the new thing on this board? Every time someone gets paid they are going to write rave reviews on here or are the SS now making this a requirement of gettiing paid? You are in business they are supposed to pay you! Duh!!!!!!!”

” All around desperation as well. The SS for having the party started at the SA's initiative and the SS for prodding…Does the SA feel if they don't post they won't get called again?”

REALLY? Did you not see on my initial post that I was unable to access his listing?

The ONLY reason I started this post was because credit needs to be given where credit is DUE! I couldn't post it where it SHOULD have been posted, so I did the next best thing.

No one ASKED me to post my payment! There wasn't anything INCLUDED in with my payment. And SO WHAT IF THERE WAS? And even if they DID what would be so wrong with a person wanting recognition for going above and beyond for their notaries? EVERYONE wants recognition...it's HUMAN NATURE!!! He deserves it with all of the crooks out there these days.

I'm not proclaiming that he's doing anything different than what any other honest, decent company or person out there is doing, I'm merely trying to share something POSITIVE...watch out, that word might burn a cross in your foreheads...lol

You don't have a problem coming on here bi#%&*ng and complaining about NOT being paid! It's really sad!

Geesh!!! Can't we have some positive input on this site? Some people are just hateful and lead such miserable lives, they want everyone else to be right in that smut with them. They really need to get a life and try to enjoy the little bit of life they have left; because negativity sucks the life out of you... You may want to consider moving that rock your under, cleaning yourselves off and coming to join the living.

Sorry to lower myself to their level, but that just burned me up. It seems like no matter what someone tries to post as a positive on this site, there are those that have to put a negative spin on it...tsk tsk tsk!!!

lol...and LOVE that I'm "cheeky"!!! Check out the thesaurus for "cheeky"... a few of the synonyms are...

bold, sassy, mischievous, pert, naughty, defiant...

Oh yeah baby! I'm cheeky and proud of it!! xo xo xo xo xo Smile

Reply by jba/fl on 6/20/11 10:34am
Msg #386909

Re: Are you guys kidding me?

Since you did partially referenced my post, I will respond.

No, not kidding.

And before you get all caught up in yourself, the "cheeky" was about Jim, certainly not you. Yours starts with B....beeky!..binky...or was that a P...rolling around in the mud like the pot calling the kettle black.

The negativity of which you speak appears to be coming directly from you - oh, yeah, you admit you are here in the mud and/or under the rock(s). ("Sorry to lower myself to their level")

As for my complaint about not getting paid: I know that I have saved at least 3 people directly through that complaint from getting burned as well. It is worth it to help another avoid the "sadness" (utilizing your word) of non-payment.

When enough people take the time to state facts known to be true to them and then are refuted so meanly by the likes of you, well, don't expect bouquets other than interlaced with ivy, the poison kind.

Reply by NJDiva on 6/20/11 11:14am
Msg #386917

LMAO...

good one!!! Ouch! Touche dahling! lmao "P"??? hmmmm, rolling in the mud?...hmmmm, oooooh, hmmm, forgive me, but I'm not really sure what you're inferring...lmao

As I've said before, what is really unfortunate about corresponding in this fashion is that you don't know a person's true intention. As we all know, communication is not just about WHAT we say, but it's also about the tone and inflection; none of which can be expressed entirely when communicating in this way.

I was not questioning or responding to anything about payment. I, actually, didn't know that. Thanks for sharing. My response was to statements that I felt were derogatory toward me and the genuineness of my post.

Sometimes it's difficult to respond in a loving way...lmao...when one feels attacked, so I apologize for participating in any kind of negativity. I just didn't understand why some of it was necessary.

But, HEY, if the rock fits....... NaNa It's all good...beat me up, I can take it!!! Dish it out...take it...just the way the pot boils!!!! This is it, I'm going to roll over and play dead now... Wink lmao

Reply by jba/fl on 6/20/11 2:28pm
Msg #386945

{ } This is a white flag, I don't know how to make

it wave though.....

my lord - there are so many critters that play dead - why not just a rest, a regrouping?

Intent, tone are so difficult - both to convey and to interpret. I just slap things down, hit post and run to the next thing on my agenda - and sometimes don't think it through beyond "did I cover the who, what, when, where, why and how?"

Hence, as Huge has pointed out, I end up being sharp-tongued. My cat and dogs don't appear to mind though.
ROFL

Reply by NJDiva on 6/20/11 2:54pm
Msg #386949

No harm, no foul...

Maybe a hurt ego, but a little humility never killed anyone...lmao

Reply by MW/VA on 6/19/11 7:49pm
Msg #386888

No. I was never asked to post comments by him. I've worked

for some of the best and some of the worst in the biz. I report my experience & opinions, g/b/u.
My comments are not for sale!

Reply by MW/VA on 6/20/11 9:03am
Msg #386900

Do you have any actual experience with this do. to share, or

is this just some more ss bashing?

Reply by NJDiva on 6/20/11 2:17pm
Msg #386942

PLEASE NOTE "docs1954CA " CORRECTION POST!!! n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 6/20/11 7:39pm
Msg #387014

My comment was for UKCowboy. n/m

Reply by Sally Rowe on 2/7/12 12:33pm
Msg #411086

Thank you for honoring your Notaries by promptly paying us. Always a pleasure to work with and for an honorable company. Thank you.

Reply by jba/fl on 2/7/12 12:51pm
Msg #411087

Is this what we have come to: thanking someone who

owes us for paying?

Reply by HisHughness on 2/7/12 12:56pm
Msg #411088

This has got to be some kind of NotRot record.

A response is posted in a thread that opened June 18, 2011 and closed June 20, 2011. Jim Coffey, you're on your way to cyber immortality.

Reply by Amanda Doumanian on 2/8/12 5:59pm
Msg #411187

I recently did work for Jim at Trans State Services and it was great! He was enjoyable to work with and paid fast!!!

Reply by jba/fl on 2/8/12 8:53pm
Msg #411199

Must have received check today...LOL..with note to post here n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.