Notary Rotary
LSI
Notary Discussion History

LSI
Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by Claudine Osborne on 6/26/11 8:43pm
Msg #387774

LSI

Has anyone else received the LSI email about a new opportunity?

It asks us to take a webinar and a survey. When I tried to log in the password that they provided is not working..I did email vendor management about this.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 6/26/11 9:33pm
Msg #387775

Got it. Did it about 2 months ago. However, I am on the West Coast and I think they're do this in segments.

If password doesn't work, email person who sent it to you. They'll correct.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 6/27/11 8:43am
Msg #387799

This email was not about the E&O Survey I did that one as well. This is a different one. Yes I did email them and have to wait and see for the reply!

Reply by JandB on 6/27/11 8:50am
Msg #387801

I also rec'd it and can't get it. I think it's about closing loans at banks and branch offices at low rates. I'll reserve judgement until I see it. If they can offer 2 or 3 closings, back to back, at the same location it might work. We'll see.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 6/27/11 8:56am
Msg #387802

<< I think it's about closing loans at banks and branch offices at low rates. >>

I haven't received the email yet, but jeeze LSI is already a low-payer! How much lower do they want us to go? As it is, I only accept their jobs in my zip code due to the rock-bottom fee.

Reply by jba/fl on 6/27/11 9:00am
Msg #387803

"How much lower do they want us to go?"

Perhaps so that you will do them bedside - your bed. (Why, I wouldn't even get out of bed for this one.")

LOL

Reply by JandB on 6/27/11 11:02am
Msg #387822

Help desk can't log in either. They are working on it.

Reply by A S Johnson on 6/27/11 11:30am
Msg #387827

This eminds me of MortgagueDocs.com out of Pheonix a 5 or so years ago with thier in local WAMU branch siging.
Lost of BS. Low pay.
The owner told me printing e-docs should only be $10 as all you needed to do was send the pdf file to your printer and walk away.

Reply by jba/fl on 6/27/11 11:44am
Msg #387828

"send the pdf file to your printer and walk away."

Yeah, in an ideal world no printer runs out of toner, paper, or jams let alone spits it on the floor or somehow gets it out of order.

Yes, it is a monkey job. (sarcasm)

Reply by CopperheadVA on 6/27/11 1:10pm
Msg #387846

<< "send the pdf file to your printer and walk away." >>

Not to mention, the last LSI package I did was 11 attachments sent to me!!!! You can't just hit print and walk away on that...

Reply by NJDiva on 6/27/11 7:57pm
Msg #387955

< "send the pdf file to your printer and walk away." >>

The above was referring to Mortgage.doc's not LSI...Just an FYI.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 6/27/11 9:01pm
Msg #387962

Re: < "send the pdf file to your printer and walk away." >>

I did email LSI regarding the log in issues..They replied and stated this is not fixed. So tomorrow I will listen to the webinar and report my findings here if anyone is interested..

Reply by irish/WA on 6/28/11 1:51am
Msg #387983

I was able to log in to the webinar and complete the survey. Afterwards I opened one of the email attachments that had a Signing/Closing Agent Fee Schedule. It said the total for base and email fee could not exceed $85. It showed base fee of $60 for a 25 miles radius (50 mile round trip) + $25 for email docs. Are they kidding? There is no way I can stay in business with those low fees.

Reply by rolomia on 6/28/11 5:08am
Msg #387985

Wow! $25 for e-docs? Those were the good ole days...

...I remember them fondly. I had to negotiate just to get an extra $15 for my most recent order from the last signing service I worked for. Their scheduler wanted me to do the order for $50, including 45 miles, one-way travel + 130 page, 2 copy package. I was shocked that she could quibble over $15. This seems to be an all-too-common practice among Signing Services. Reminds me of an unsolicited email I received from a now-defunct signing service whose website advertised signing orders to NSA's with the lowest bid. I wish that I had saved said email...I could use a good laugh right about now : (

Normally, I wouldn't have accepted such a low-ball offer. But, business has been slow and the signing services know it. Because Arkansas has the highest concentration of Notaries Public in the U.S.A., competition for signing orders is significant. One scheduler even commented to me that she had other notaries from my area, in her database, who would accept the low fee said she offered me, if I was unable to do so.

As unemployment increases, so do the number of new notaries entering our profession. The way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if legislation is proposed that would make it illegal for notaries public to charge for their services, anymore. I hope that isn't the case. Only TIME will tell.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.