Notary Rotary
Mid Month Run on RMs
Notary Discussion History

Mid Month Run on RMs
Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 6/18/11 9:07am
Msg #386775

Mid Month Run on RMs

I had five reverse mortgages in two days this week. I wondered what the heck is going on with RMs, but I'm realizing some people have enough equity in their homes they've owned since the 80s to be able to pull out enuf cash to live out their later years. Ultimately it's about the worse loan product I've ever seen because of the costly fees. Some folks have no other choice! Any one else seeing a rise in RMs lately? I'm hearing WF won't be writing these any more, BofA has already ceased, I had one MetLife and the rest were AAG's.

Reply by nunu on 6/18/11 9:27am
Msg #386781

I do about 5 rm's a week but have noticed its now metlife and aag.

Reply by Sha/CA on 6/18/11 5:05pm
Msg #386830

I just had one yesterday, some lender I didn't recognize. I hadn't had a RM for months. This woman had a boatload of equity though and I'm certain she wasn't just interested in getting rid of her mortgage, although it probably would have cost her less, just to refinance and take out some equity. She's already talking about paying it back. Why bother? That's when it's really hard for me to zip it!

Reply by Barney on 6/20/11 2:05pm
Msg #386941

Wells Fargo no more Reverse Mtgs see link

Here it is AP release of Wells Fargo not doing RM anymore

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=13861928

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.