Notary Rotary
Mortgage Connect lowers prices
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by SheilaSJCA on 6/3/11 5:12pm
Msg #385105

I was called today asking if I would like to join their database of notaries. They pay $60 for edocs with 20-30 pgs of faxbacks. I told them my fee, and they said they will send me their sign-up package...did not come....I wonder why? Not!
NOTE: I read some reviews of them from 12/10 (just 6 mos ago) and they were offering $75. This is so sad. Just say no!

Reply by HrdwrkrVA on 6/3/11 5:14pm
Msg #385107

W/ fees like that maybe we shud apply @ the nearest Mickie D

at least you get cheap food & benefits!

Reply by CH2inCA on 6/3/11 5:20pm
Msg #385109

I got the same call.

I did explain to the gent that my base fee is 100.00, and variables re: distance, fax backs, package size and such were negotiable.
Told him I'd love to fill out their packet and maybe someday they'd have a need for my services, being that I'm bilingual, and work way out here in the boonies.

He sent the sign up package. hmmm...maybe some day they will send work my way, I feel pretty good about it; they do know my fees upfront. Scanned the package but haven't filled it out yet; did note that there is a page where you can fill out your fees.

Ya never know.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 6/3/11 5:24pm
Msg #385111

They quoted me $65. That is just so astonishing crazy low. I countered with my fee and they did send the sign-up package, but I will not be completing it.

Reply by HrdwrkrVA on 6/3/11 5:31pm
Msg #385113

If you do, you shud charge THEM $65 for ur time - . n/m

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/3/11 6:52pm
Msg #385124

I think it was just about three months ago they were offering $75.00! I agreed with all the past posters in the last week....SOMEBODY is accepting these fee's.

Reply by 101livescan on 6/4/11 10:10am
Msg #385161

More notary fee chop chop, more fee for them to stay alive. Thanks, but no thanks.

Good to keep a list of these companies in front of your notary journal on a print out so that we don't get blindsighted by these low ballers.

Reply by Linda_in_MI on 6/6/11 12:18pm
Msg #385289

I got the call as well. And I didn't spare any time telling the Mortgage Connect rep that there was no way $65 dollars would be a price that would cover my expenses. After explaining what factors go into my price and the geographic factors involved (Mapquest may say 15 miles, but I think of that as the proverbial crow flies--this is a very rural area and there isn't always a quick and easy way to get from here to there) I was given a counteroffer that was still low-ball. The Mortgage Connect rep said that I could list my rates on the paperwork, but I needed to know that, within the 15 mile radius that they try to limit their notary travel, those with lowest rates would be listed first--along with the rates those notaries accept.

I'll send the paperwork back, but I'm not going to hold my breath that my phone will be ringing off the hook. They asked what I would charge and I told them. Don't expect me to accept less than what I quoted you.

Reply by Eva75Eva on 6/6/11 12:44pm
Msg #385293

I had been working with them for over 6 months at a pretty good rate until "Quality Control" called me and stated that there were other notaries in my area accepting assignments for only $50!! She asked if I would agree to the same fee. I absolutely refused to give in, citing the rising cost of gas and all the faxbacks they require. I only agreed to a five dollar reduction. Funny thing is, not long after a scheduler called asking how much I charge for a purchase closing. I almost thought it was a trick question as I knew I couldn't go beyond their newly set lower fee. Somehow she was able to "approve" my quoted fee of $xxx amount of dollars. After that I have noticed a drop in the number of calls I get from Mortgage Connect. This was dissappointing as they were my number one source of income each month.

Reply by seddy on 6/18/11 6:47pm
Msg #386843

I got the call too offering $60 ...

The rep said packages average 100 pages (times 2 for borrower's copy); fax-backs average 20 pages; and they try to keep notaries w/in 16 miles of home. I told them that wasn't even close to acceptable and gave them my minimum fee. She said she would make a note of that and send me an email so I could sign up with them. The email never came and I'm perfectly content with that.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.