Notary Rotary
My fees are my fees
Notary Discussion History

My fees are my fees
Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by Marilyn Sanford on 6/15/11 9:01am
Msg #386261

My fees are my fees

There is a well known title co. that has paid well in the past and also grades the notary and now sends out a graph report every month. About 6-8 months ago they requested we give our fees for local and outside our county. I put in my fees and received a call that if I wanted more business, I needed to lower my fees. I did not agree to lower them but have still received calls when they cannot find the lower priced notary. Last week I received a call for a closing, next county over. I said I could and expected the scheduler to say OK I will send the confirmation as has been the case in the past. But I reminded her that my fee was $xxx.xx as put in their system. She said "You won't take $25 less?". I asked if she saw my fees as filed. She said for some reason she did not and again said "are you telling me that you will not close for $25 less?" I told her that my fees are set in their system and that I would not lower them even for this closing because once you do, then you can NEVER go back. I guess she thought that I would go for the lower fee since she called. Someone else got the job. My fees are my fees. Why bother putting them in their system if we have to haggle over the price again.

Reply by jba/fl on 6/15/11 9:05am
Msg #386263

Aggravating, yes.

But, you just might say yes is their logic. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

What I especially dislike, is that they want to haggle; one mention is enough, thank you very much.

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/15/11 9:32am
Msg #386277

Re: Aggravating, yes.

Agree jba....your fees are in the system.....they call you and offer $100 you say no thanks, it is $125 then they reply, "but you have them listed as $115 in the system" Dah!

Reply by CF on 6/15/11 9:12am
Msg #386269

It is cases like this that make me think that the

schedulers get a "commission" if you take the lower fee.

Reply by parkerc/ME on 6/15/11 9:45am
Msg #386288

Food for thought. You could be right. n/m

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 6/15/11 10:22am
Msg #386300

Either them or the SS owners. ;=> n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 6/15/11 11:03am
Msg #386306

I know who you're talking about & they're one of my all time

favs. I haven't been asked to lower my fees, even though I'm not getting as many calls from them as in the past. That's not unusual, because signing volume is down everywhere.
What gets me is that they spent a lot of money on putting on a webinar, that was, IMO, completely unecessary. Also, the last assignment from them someone mentioned that there have been staff layoffs. It's a sign of the times, and everyone's feeling the crunch.
Only you can decide what your bottom line is. Their pkgs. are simple & straightforward & they pay in 2 weeks. I will certainly take all that into consideration if I'm ever offered a lower fee.
Not saying this applies to you, Marilyn, but IMO some need a reality check on fees. The large fees commanded during the bubble just aren't there anymore. Many who were accustomed to those fees have left the biz. I have a minimum & stick to it. I won't do those $45, $55, even $70 signings.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.