Notary Rotary
NREIS second chance
Notary Discussion History

NREIS second chance
Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by Patti Corcoran on 6/22/11 7:46pm
Msg #387344

NREIS second chance

They begged for second chance - OK, I gave it to them. Signing is tomorrow at 8:00 AM, a hour drive away. Called and said I must have docs to day or I'm not going. Good, I got the docs. However, the HUD is missing and they are all closed for the night. GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Reply by jba/fl on 6/22/11 8:08pm
Msg #387348

What are you going to do?

Reply by Philip Johnson on 6/22/11 8:13pm
Msg #387350

0800 here is 1100 in PA.

So chances are it will be on your machine by 0700 PDT.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 6/23/11 12:27am
Msg #387368

Re: 0800 here is 1100 in PA.

I think Phillip is probably right. But I'd send an email to the Settlement Agent just in case. The hold-up could be getting the lender approval. In any event, it's probably only a couple of pages, most likely taken care of quickly in the morning.

(I hate it when that happens, though - especially at EOM. I have one for tomorrow that was supposed to be at 9:00 am but didn't get docs. Chances are, I won't even have the docs by then. Happily, the tc contact called me to advise of this and suggested we move the appointment to later. Love it when THAT happens - if I'm not already booked. Wink)

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/22/11 10:40pm
Msg #387361

<<<Called and said I must have docs to day or I'm not going. Good, I got the docs. However, the HUD is missing and they are all closed for the night.>>>

I had something similar happen except with the confirmation. I was called for a signing and they never sent the confirmation. I emailed then called but got voicemail. I left a message saying I needed the confirmation by xx/xx/xx at xx:xx or I will leave my schedule open for other appointments. The deadline passed and I was emailed the docs anyway. I called back to say, "You didn't respond to my request to send the confirmation by my deadline and now that time slot is booked with another appointment. I will delete your email." The scheduler said, "Sorry, we'll get someone else." I allotted them more than 12 hours to respond to my confirmation request. Did I care that they'd never call me again?.....NO.

Patti: The TC probably withheld the HUD on purpose....saying to themselves, "We'll send the HUD when we feel like it (tomorrow) and she'll STILL do the signing."

Reply by desktopfull on 6/23/11 2:42am
Msg #387370

ROFLMAO!!!! n/m

Reply by Patti Corcoran on 6/23/11 8:51am
Msg #387379

Re: ROFLMAO!!!!

what does that mean - I'm a little out of it with acronyms. Anyway, I reached someone this AM and they said "oh yeah, the HUDF always comes seperately". What if I hadn't checked?
I printed it and then sent them an email back with my piece of mind and some direct instructions for them!

Reply by laurel/nc on 6/23/11 10:18am
Msg #387391

rolling on floor laughing my a__ __ off

Reply by desktopfull on 6/23/11 4:08pm
Msg #387434

Rolling on floor laughing my a$$ off.

Sorry Patti, I just couldn't help it. After getting burned by Bridgespan, LFC and NREIS seemingly following the sam path, I can't believe anyone takes their closings anymore. So far they still pay 4 to 6 months down the road, but I can't afford to be their banker and give them interest free loans. Good luck, hope you get paid. SOX also assures everyone that they now have their act together, under new management, etc. but they will say anthing to get their loans closed. Then you get to spends hours sending bills, unanswered emails, etc.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.