Notary Rotary
NSC- The Audacity
Notary Discussion History

NSC- The Audacity
Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by Healey dba JP-Online - MyraAnne on 6/20/11 4:01pm
Msg #386959

NSC- The Audacity

I told them to take me out of their database two weeks ago when I drop them for showing there true colors and proving they only are out for themselves and to hell with us Notaries and the next day I get a letter telling me I have to pay them now, I told them I quit working for them just in time and that I would never pay any signiing company anything. Obviously they never took me out of their database and I get the letter again. I told them I have forwarded this letter to Notary groups that like to protect us and work with us and keep our eyes peeled for the liking of signing companies such as them selves and that I am sure notaries are dropping them like a bad habit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,here is there letter in case I did not post it a couple of weeks ago when they pulled a woolly over me and I said to take me out of the database and the next day this. I will not work with a company that has no allegience or could care less about us notaries and they sure showed me they dont care about us.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Dear Valued Partner,
In a continued effort to increase our client base and remain compliant with current SAS 70, SSAE 16, RESPA, and individual client requirements, NSC is once again asking our most valued signing agents to assist with the cost of the auditory functions of these entities, providing background checks and transmitting information back to the appropriate agencies.

We understand that the last few months have been challenging for our industry. The inventory of unsold homes continues to grow. The good news is interest rates continue to remain low. NSC and our partners our currently focusing efforts on gaining larger allocations from our current clients, as well as reach a broader clientele base in efforts to increase volume directly to you our valued partners.

However, in order to do so, and gain an edge on our competition, we must continue to keep our rates low. Even though we charge these low rates we are still commissioned to meet the requirements of these auditory functions, and the individual client.

In short, the internal costs associated to complying with these standards have risen. Without the ability to raise our price, we are forced to ask you, our partners, to share in the cost of administrating your inclusion in the NSC database.

This fee is an annual fee that is required to retain "active" status in the NSC database. There are two payment options available for your convenience. One, simply mail in the fee of $25.00 to NSC. Two, NSC will automatically deduct the fee of $25.00 from your next closing once we have received confirmation from you to do so. Payments must be received, or automatic deduction confirmed by July 1st.

If you would like to discuss this with a NSC manager you can reach our Management Team at 866-291-8891 ext. 5110 or email us at [e-mail address].

Once you have selected your preferred payment method, please send an email to [e-mail address] informing us so we can process and update your file.

If you feel you can not participate in this fee, we do understand, but regretfully you will no longer have 'active' status in the NSC database. We do ask that you still inform us of your decline in participation.
Your assistance with this aids Nations Signature Closers Inc. in remaining one of the leading professional notary companies in the industry today.

We can not do it without you!
Thank you,
Nations Signature Closers, Inc

Reply by victoria meissner on 6/20/11 4:13pm
Msg #386961

lol actually when they told me about this $25 fee, to verify that the Company I used to run the background check, was valid.. I told her absolutely not happening. I made a suggestion though. Told her, at any given time, her company can run a background check on me, at their expense ofcourse. I was told thank you and poofff, gone. lol

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/20/11 4:31pm
Msg #386964

"We can not do it without you!", they say. Well, at least, they'll do it without me!

Reply by Cody Anderson on 6/20/11 5:47pm
Msg #386986

I also called and spoke to a member of their management team in regards to this email. At first I too was upset that they would ask me to pay this fee. However, after speaking to them and reviewing my own file and the amount of signings they have given me, I agreed to the fee.

I completely understand not wanting to pay this fee, however for me, it made sense. The cost they incur through these audits are real. I actually appreciate them considering me a partner.

Reply by Woody Williams on 6/20/11 6:23pm
Msg #386991

Cody, did they thank you for helping with their overhead? Good luck at making a profit with NSC's lowball fees partner. Smile

Reply by MikeC/NY on 6/20/11 6:45pm
Msg #387002

"However, after speaking to them and reviewing my own file and the amount of signings they have given me, I agreed to the fee.

I completely understand not wanting to pay this fee, however for me, it made sense. The cost they incur through these audits are real. I actually appreciate them considering me a partner."

Well, you're exactly the type of notary they're looking to partner with....

That was not intended as a compliment.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/20/11 6:53pm
Msg #387003

Am I missing something?

If they have 1000 notaries in the database (not out of the question) - you believe these audits cost them $25,000/year? And it IS $25/year...not a one-time deal - it's an annual fee to remain active in their database.

"The cost they incur through these audtis are real" - did they show you the financial report for this?

I'm selling oceanfront property in AZ if you're interested.

Reply by HisHughness on 6/20/11 11:57pm
Msg #387044

MiGawd! He's a sheep carrying a sign, saying "Fleece me...

..."clip me, leave me naked and shivering as I wash your feet!"

***I completely understand not wanting to pay this fee, however for me, it made sense. The cost they incur through these audits are real. I actually appreciate them considering me a partner.***

Have I been suckered by a troll again? Does anybody know if this patsy really exists?

Reply by NJDiva on 6/21/11 11:30am
Msg #387079

MiGawd! He's a sheep carrying a sign, saying "Fleece me...

ROFLMAO!!! OMG! I am literally sitting her laughing hysterically. Thanks Hugh!

Reply by MW/VA on 6/20/11 7:31pm
Msg #387009

LOL. "We can not do it without you". So true. Anyone who

pays this fee is a fool, and they can't do it without you.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 6/20/11 10:10pm
Msg #387033

Re: LOL. "We can not do it without you". So true. Anyone who

They can do it with help of notaries that part with their money....They are going to have to do it with out me!
Wow..people actually fall for this?? lol

Reply by Roger_OH on 6/20/11 11:02pm
Msg #387039

Best response ever to this!! (From Brenda/TX)

This year, since so many signing services are having a rough go of it, I will be collecting a $50 fee for YOU to remain in MY client database. I require a security deposit in case you go belly up. It will be refunded after your first ten timely payments. However, if you miss a payment, you will forfeit your security deposit.

Deal?

Reply by MW/VA on 6/21/11 12:32pm
Msg #387097

Great idea, Roger. Think we can get away with that? n/m

Reply by Peggy Taylor on 6/21/11 1:47pm
Msg #387110

They are asking for the $25.00 fee from all notaries in their data base, not because of some audit, but because they have no business. They gotta make their money somehow. If their massive e mail campaign doesn't work.....I know of a company that might lend them some red kettles and bells for a few months.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/21/11 2:27pm
Msg #387125

*They are asking for the $25.00 fee from all notaries in their data base, not because of some audit, but because they have no business. They gotta make their money somehow.*

At some point it is just sad that the mindset is "don't face reality"...for Pete's sake...go with some dignity....you don't have to stop being a signing service altogether, but figure out additional streams of income. It's just pathetic to ask for $25 per contractor.

Reply by KSMONotary on 6/22/11 10:02am
Msg #387221

Is it not resonsable to accept this fee if this company provides you with thousands of dollars worth of work each year. You call them fools for paying this fee, I say your foolish for not.

Of course, if you are a notary that they do not use a lot, then this fee does not make sense to you, but for you to make a general statement that any notary that pays this is foolish...

I guess I will be foolishly making money this year. Why you spend most of your time posting on notary forums.

Reply by SuperNotary on 8/26/11 11:51pm
Msg #395237

Greg Rodden of NSC asked me to take pay cut promising more business if I did. Since they gave me a lot of work I agreed. I actually got less work. I stopped closing for them. Now they call me from NotRot to file papers with the county for a small fee not realizing who I am. I would not recommend them.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.