Notary Rotary
National mortgage fraud scandal spreads to the judiciary
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by Linda_in_MI on 6/12/11 10:37am
Msg #385998

According to this article, the mortgage fraud mess doesn't stop or begin with the banks and lenders. It seems a lot more companies/entities/individuals may have been, as the phrase goes, "caught with their hand in the cookie jar".

"While the U. S. Department of Justice is actively prosecuting mortgage and foreclosure fraud, a national organization that helps homeowners avoid foreclosure has evidence that certain state judges appear to be protecting lawbreakers. Billions of dollars have been received by corporations in the foreclosure industry since the Great Recession began. Are these vast sums of money finding their way to elected state judges and politicians?"

http://www.examiner.com/architecture-design-in-national/national-mortgage-fraud-scandal-spreads-to-the-judiciary

Reply by MW/VA on 6/12/11 12:48pm
Msg #386004

WOW. I don't think anything would surprise me. There's so

much corruption that I'm sure there were plenty of pay-offs. This kind of thing used to be illegal in this country. Remember the days of graft, etc. We've been sold-out, IMO, and Washington is only a small part of the big picture. Wall Street isn't concerned with morality, only money.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.